There are newer employer reviews for Avaya

Been here a loong time!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Avaya

Pros

Great people, especially since we added in the employees from Nortel, what a great bunch with great new views on things.

Cons

A work day is expected to last a minimum of 10 hours which really cuts into my personal life. I like my work, but the days are long and it makes the job frustrating.

Keep up the good communication, it has really improved recently. Glad to see some benefits that were taken away returning now.

reviews filtered by
  1. Don't work here

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Denver, CO

I worked at Avaya

Pros

They have a lot of offices and transferring is a possibilitiy

Cons

You are expected to work beyond reasonable hours. No perks. No bonuses. No fun.

Create a better product strategy to stay ahead instead of following the footsteps of competitors.

Former employee review

Former Employee - Software Development Manager II in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Software Development Manager II in Coppell, TX

I worked at Avaya

Pros

Avaya used to offer excellent benefits. They allowed for a good work/family life balance. Training was always readily available for all employees via online courses or books.

Cons

Continuous lay-offs since 2000. Lack of communication from senior management. Outsourcing jobs regardless of communication barriers and the amount of time it takes for internal and external customers to resolve issues.

I would suggest reviewing your decisions to outsource much of the company's functions. The amount money wasted due to time spent on the phone trying to resolve issues could easily be remedied if the communication barrier was eliminated and jobs were brought back to America.

There are newer employer reviews for Avaya