Avecto

There are newer employer reviews for Avecto

Come ready to participate

Current Employee - Client-facing in Andover, MA
Current Employee - Client-facing in Andover, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Motivated, intelligent colleagues with a passion to succeed.
Great environment for self-starters that want to contribute to a success and participate in determining their own future.
Management is accessible and open to constructive criticism.
Stable, self-funded organization with exciting year over year growth.
Excellent technology and engineering team

Cons

Prior disparities in hiring practices among offices lead to divergent cultures.
Rapid growth means rapid change....

I'll accept short staffed with the right people as long as it takes...

33 Other Employee Reviews for Avecto (View Most Recent)

My experience at Avecto couldn't get any better!

Current Employee - Sales in Andover, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Avecto now for over two years and it has been a brilliant experience in every instance. I have seen the organisation nearly double in size each year, yet the culture & values that attracted me have not changed with the rapid growth and the company is still just as much about the staff as the technology.

Avecto has built a dynamic workforce of like minded people who are all very driven to push the company from strength to strength and motivates staff very well for doing so from both a monetary and decision making standpoint. With the explosive growth I have only seen a handful of bad hiring decisions made where it didn't quite work out as they simply didn't fit the culture of hard work, dedication, honesty, integrity, drive and a determination to succeed.

In the time In have been at the company I have developed tremendously as both an individual and employee by being surrounded by experienced individuals and working directly with them on a daily basis, whilst also enjoying social time together too. I started working at Avecto's UK Headquarters in an inside sales position after completing my degree in International Business and have since been relocated to our US office in Boston as a Senior Account Manager. Who would have thought my degree would have been quickly translated in to my life so literally?!

If you are lucky enough to get a job at Avecto, my advice would be to give it your all as if you don't you are simply throwing away a great opportunity to take yourself to the next level. I don't know of another organisation where the development opportunity is so strong and staff are treated so well.

Cons

I have shared my thoughts of Avecto above...

Continue to reinvest money back in to the business to fuel the growth potential there is in the market, whilst ensuring the culture continues to stay them same as we grow.

Please, if you are considering this organization, ask to speak with any past US employee reference- do your homework.

Current Employee - Sales in Andover, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (more than an year)

Pros

12 months ago there was an advantage for the product and market opportunity ago, however that is decreasing. Overall, techies are strong.

Cons

Turnover (review LinkedIn for past employees). Pure arrogance from sales leadership. Just read the Head of Sales review. Basically the attitude is be part of our amazing sales machine (which is not scaling b/c of turnover) there is no real appreciation for employees or for their amazing customers. If you are in sales you expect to be beat up a lot, if you function in marketing, there is little accountability.

Humility is not possible if driven by arrogance. Please refer to the definition of humility: a modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness.

There are newer employer reviews for Avecto