Aveda
aveda.com Blaine, MN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great products and perks and fun people at corporate

Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aveda full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat product education and coaching style. Soils ade easily developed here. Great product discount. Made in America, plant based products good for the environment. Aveda supports fair trade and partners with rural areas of the world to source ingredients while finding ways to combat global climate change.

ConsCorporate has fun, and maybe too much fun. Sometimes ideas become after thoughts and tools come at the wrong times. Communication at corporate isn't always good which effects the business of the stores. We are expected to do much more then manage a retail store like plan monthly events, style hair, give "mini" facials and full faces of makeup, as unliscensed "professionals" purely for product demonstration but usually is considered a service to be paid for at a salon.

Advice to Senior ManagementTurn yourself over and take a promotion when its offered. Managers often stay with aveda so long their assistants have no room to move and end up quitting after enough time has passed without growth.

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Aveda full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Benefits, employees, flexibility, time off Cons: Moving up is hard unless you know someone Advice to Senior Management: Take the advice from employees and give it a try Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great education on how to run a salon

Salon Development Partner (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Aveda full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Salary and Benefits Outside sales Cons: No work Life Balance Managers are not aware of the customers… Advice to Senior Management: Get back to the old way of involvement in salons and stop the silly paperwork. You are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Aveda.

Worked for Aveda? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aveda reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aveda CEO Dominique Conseil. All reviews posted anonymously by Aveda employees.