There are newer employer reviews for Avera McKennan Hospital

Ok place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Avera McKennan Hospital

Pros

Pay and benefits are good for this area.

Cons

It is small enough that how employees are treated are not always equal. Some supervisors are personal friends with other staff they are supposed to be managing.

If you want patients to "always" be happy with their care and our customer service, staffing needs to be adjusted.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Avera McKennan Hospital (View Most Recent)

Look no further.

I have been working at Avera McKennan Hospital

Pros

Life/work balance is very seen as very important. Avera does not have a "revolving door" like the other institution in town has. Avera also promotes from within, but does not hesitate to go outside to find the talent necessary to move the organization forward.

Cons

Depends on who your direct line boss is...there are a few "holier than thou" attitudes that run rampant in certain depts. The HR dept is a little overzealous in trying to keep compensation down by offering wages that seem to be a bit low in comparison to similar size organizations.

There seems to be a disconnect between the upper management and the staff. We need to find a way to bridge that gap and make sure that the voices of the "little" people are heard as well.

Best job I've ever had

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Avera McKennan Hospital full-time

Pros

Hours/days, benefits, supervisors are readily available if you need help, majority of coworkers are easy to get along with but there's always that one person...

Cons

Using PTO for "paid" holidays, overtime not allowed, too many meetings, filing, a lot of filing, reports, reports, reports

I don't have any. They are all friendly & willing to help if your supervisor is not in. Their doors are literally always open.

There are newer employer reviews for Avera McKennan Hospital