Averitt Express
www.averittexpress.com Cookeville, TN 5000+ Employees

Averitt in the rear view.

Driver (Current Employee)
London, KY

ProsAveritt has a fairly good reputation in the trucking industry. They have decent marketing strategies and are privately owned and operated. The training processes are pretty good as a whole. The equipment that Averitt provides it's employees do due their jobs is for the most part well maintained, and safe. Averitt offers a pretty good benefits package and the pay is descent. The company as a whole does reward employees with small recognitions for safe driving and non-preventable accidents. The owner of the company, Gary Sasser does make himself available to speak to employees about concerns if they are important enough.

ConsThe leadership at the service center in London, Ky is terrible. Unfortunately the terminal manager was tossed into a job that requires more skills and dedication that he possesses. None of the other employees at this service center have an ounce of respect for this man and due to this, there is no chain of command and no one is held accountable for their actions. A leader is supposed to be in control of his employees but our manager is scared to discipline any one. We were just introduced to a new district manager so hopefully he will realize that our service center director is a coward and a liar to his employees and customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonitor the progress and success of your service center directors a little bit better than you do!!!

Good Compensation and team atmosphere.

Customer Service (Current Employee)

I have been working at Averitt Express

Pros: Team Atmosphere Very flexible with personal/work time Give good feedback about job… Cons: Not many opportunities to advance Senior Management will be in place… Advice to Senior Management: Provide individuals with the ability to advance throughout the company. Many of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Disappointing

I have been working at Averitt Express

Pros: The pay is great, most of my coworkers are very… Cons: Not given the 40 hrs a week or the overtime I was promised, they do not give Thanksgiving dinners to their employees, nor do they… Advice to Senior Management: Provide dinners on special Holidays also provide a Christmas bonus..also provide the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Averitt Express.

Worked for Averitt Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Averitt Express reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Averitt Express CEO Gary D. Sasser. All reviews posted anonymously by Averitt Express employees.