Averitt Express

www.averittexpress.com
There are newer employer reviews for Averitt Express

Averitt in the rear view.

Current Employee - Driver in London, KY
Current Employee - Driver in London, KY

I have been working at Averitt Express

Pros

Averitt has a fairly good reputation in the trucking industry. They have decent marketing strategies and are privately owned and operated. The training processes are pretty good as a whole. The equipment that Averitt provides it's employees do due their jobs is for the most part well maintained, and safe. Averitt offers a pretty good benefits package and the pay is descent. The company as a whole does reward employees with small recognitions for safe driving and non-preventable accidents. The owner of the company, Gary Sasser does make himself available to speak to employees about concerns if they are important enough.

Cons

The leadership at the service center in London, Ky is terrible. Unfortunately the terminal manager was tossed into a job that requires more skills and dedication that he possesses. None of the other employees at this service center have an ounce of respect for this man and due to this, there is no chain of command and no one is held accountable for their actions. A leader is supposed to be in control of his employees but our manager is scared to discipline any one. We were just introduced to a new district manager so hopefully he will realize that our service center director is a coward and a liar to his employees and customers.

Monitor the progress and success of your service center directors a little bit better than you do!!!

49 Other Employee Reviews for Averitt Express (View Most Recent)

Good Compensation and team atmosphere.

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Averitt Express

Pros

Team Atmosphere
    Very flexible with personal/work time
    Give good feedback about job performance
    Provide great benefits compared to other jobs in the area

Cons

Not many opportunities to advance
    Senior Management will be in place for quite awhile.
    Very few vacation days are offered.

Provide individuals with the ability to advance throughout the company. Many of the jobs that are available pay the same and require more work.

Disappointing

I have been working at Averitt Express

Pros

The pay is great, most of my coworkers are very nice..my boss is very easy to get along with.

Cons

Not given the 40 hrs a week or the overtime I was promised, they do not give Thanksgiving dinners to their employees, nor do they provide Christmas dinner or a bonus..I know someone who works for a much smaller company she received dinner on both holidays, plus a $100 Christmas bonus, it's sad when a company as large as Averitt Express is soo stingy toward their employees...

Provide dinners on special Holidays also provide a Christmas bonus..also provide the 40 hours a week and "all the overtime you can handle" as promised!

There are newer employer reviews for Averitt Express