Averitt Express
www.averittexpress.com Cookeville, TN 5000+ Employees

Good workg

Shuttle Driver (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at Averitt Express full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits, reasonable premiums; great wellness program

ConsEquipment is only mediocre, due to high mileage on equipment, and lax maintenance program.
Also, they use outside contractors when season is busy, and when freight slows down, the outside contractors get privilege over company drivers, leaving the company driver out in the cold.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways put your own loyal employees first, over outside carriers. You will have a better morale in the company, because you are taking care of your family first.

Not what it used to be

Regional Driver (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at Averitt Express full-time for less than a year

Pros: You have a job to go to Cons: Good luck paying bills with it Advice to Senior Management: Treat the drivers like the assets they really are. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very enjoyable experience. I was treated with great respect by my fleet manager and management.

Regional Company Driver (Former Employee)
Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Averitt Express full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great equipment, consistent miles, good quality customer base. The service… Cons: Too many low mile weeks for me. Averaged around 1850… Advice to Senior Management: Find a way to keep miles consistent at around 2500 miles a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Averitt Express.

Worked for Averitt Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Averitt Express reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Averitt Express CEO Gary D. Sasser. All reviews posted anonymously by Averitt Express employees.