Great Company,Need a Challenge

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

I have been working at Averitt Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great corporate culture. Great management

Cons

Pay is very low. Not room to advance the so called "corporate ladder"

Advice to Management

Give more options for advancement

reviews filtered by

dirty company just like the rest

Current Employee - OTR in Cookeville, TN
    Current Employee - OTR in Cookeville, TN

I have been working at Averitt Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't have a lot of experience in trucking but will explain my problems under cons section

Cons

at Orientation they say they promote from within, but I can't get one of those jobs I see advertised on Craigslist and indeed all the time... you will do plenty of sitting... you will get low miles, you will switch from day shift tonight shift or night shift today shift at least once a week.... d tension pay is only if the business approves it, so have the time you won't get that.... you can lay over for 22 or 23 hours and not get a dime which I have done.... you better keep up with your paycheck because you can guarantee there will be times it'll be wrong, guess what it won't be over pay.... for no reason I'm being punished for not being routed buy a cookout, what I mean is because I haven't been by a cookout to listen to a safety briefing I am NOT up to 10 safety points and am not available for my next pay raise... they do try to get you home every weekend but don't plan on that be in a full weekend, a weekend to me is Friday at 6 p.m. Maybe till Monday morning at 3 or 4 a.m., some weekend you will be home that long but half the weekend you'll be home around 34 hours are a little more.... most everybody I've talked to doesn't seem like they have the time for you.... this all may be typical of trucking,

Good workg

Current Employee - Shuttle Driver in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Shuttle Driver in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Averitt Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, reasonable premiums; great wellness program

Cons

Equipment is only mediocre, due to high mileage on equipment, and lax maintenance program.
    Also, they use outside contractors when season is busy, and when freight slows down, the outside contractors get privilege over company drivers, leaving the company driver out in the cold.

Advice to Management

Always put your own loyal employees first, over outside carriers. You will have a better morale in the company, because you are taking care of your family first.