Avery Dennison
www.averydennison.com Pasadena, CA 5000+ Employees

Good, but you need an advanced degree to grow professionally.

Chemical Technician (Former Employee)
Pasadena, CA

I worked at Avery Dennison

ProsUpper management communicates well and they help you develop good habits to grow professionally. I was very fortunate to work as a tech while they let me finish my Master's degree. My undergraduate degree was not in the respective field was in and they knew that. So they let me work part time while I went back to school. Most companies do not do this but I was very grateful that they let me stay.

ConsIn order to advance you need at least a Master's degree, PhD preferably. Other downsides are that you can get let go at any time. That is how it is at any private company, though. If a project you are working on has no funding, they may not need your services anymore. This is how corporate culture is so you always have to be performing well.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel that management here is good. Sometimes they do not share ideas with lower level staff but that is expected with the job. They are understanding in career development and they will let you know that this is a place for people with graduate degrees. Other than that people are very friendly and has a laid back corporate culture.

Market Research Intern

Intern (Former Employee)
Strongsville, OH

I worked at Avery Dennison

Pros: Freedom, great group to work with Cons: BORING and often times left to fend for yourself Advice to Senior Management: More training and guidance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A lot of challenges and opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Pasadena, CA

I worked at Avery Dennison

Pros: Freedom to do what had to be done. A lot of opportunities. Working in an international… Cons: Management didn't communicate well. Had to live with some bad decisions from… Advice to Senior Management: Provide clear paths of promotion for employees and respect the… More

There are newer reviews on Avery Dennison.

Worked for Avery Dennison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avery Dennison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avery Dennison CEO Dean A. Scarborough. All reviews posted anonymously by Avery Dennison employees.