Avery Dennison

www.averydennison.com
  www.averydennison.com
There are newer employer reviews for Avery Dennison

Good, but you need an advanced degree to grow professionally.

Former Employee - Chemical Technician in Pasadena, CA
Former Employee - Chemical Technician in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Avery Dennison

Pros

Upper management communicates well and they help you develop good habits to grow professionally. I was very fortunate to work as a tech while they let me finish my Master's degree. My undergraduate degree was not in the respective field was in and they knew that. So they let me work part time while I went back to school. Most companies do not do this but I was very grateful that they let me stay.

Cons

In order to advance you need at least a Master's degree, PhD preferably. Other downsides are that you can get let go at any time. That is how it is at any private company, though. If a project you are working on has no funding, they may not need your services anymore. This is how corporate culture is so you always have to be performing well.

I feel that management here is good. Sometimes they do not share ideas with lower level staff but that is expected with the job. They are understanding in career development and they will let you know that this is a place for people with graduate degrees. Other than that people are very friendly and has a laid back corporate culture.

257 Other Employee Reviews for Avery Dennison (View Most Recent)

Market Research Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Strongsville, OH
    Former Employee - Intern in Strongsville, OH

I worked at Avery Dennison

Pros

Freedom, great group to work with

Cons

BORING and often times left to fend for yourself

More training and guidance

A lot of challenges and opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Avery Dennison

Pros

Freedom to do what had to be done. A lot of opportunities. Working in an international environment. A great deal of complexity that, when handled correctly, gave you a real sense of accomplishment.

Cons

Management didn't communicate well. Had to live with some bad decisions from above and then try to avoid the blame when the results came in.

Provide clear paths of promotion for employees and respect the effort that individuals make to the overall success of the business.

There are newer employer reviews for Avery Dennison