Avery Dennison

www.averydennison.com
  www.averydennison.com
There are newer employer reviews for Avery Dennison

Come check out what Avery Dennison has to offer. It's a great place to spend an entire career.

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Brea, CA
Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Brea, CA

I have been working at Avery Dennison

Pros

Hands down, the culture. The best environment I've ever worked for. Love the people and open atmosphere. Not a lot of politics, more about making good sound business decisions. People treat business as if it were their own money they were spending when making decisions but spend money when necessary.

Cons

Have to move for promotions usually which can be difficult on families however they offer a lot of consideration around this at each business unit.

Should have all lines of business aligned. Two lines of business are not up with current day process and procedures so some change management needs to take place.

257 Other Employee Reviews for Avery Dennison (View Most Recent)

Avery

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Painesville, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Painesville, OH

I worked at Avery Dennison

Pros

Avery does a good job of training thier employees. Most of the training is trial by fire but supported trial by fire.

Cons

The downsides of Avery Dennison are simple. The company is a very large firm that acts like a small business ( and not the good parts of a small business ) . The company has the scale to make huge improvements in efficiancy but does not because of the divisional focus.

I would say that it is important to consolidate the back office operations.

Put the human back in Human Resources

Former Employee - Team Leader in Painesville, OH
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Painesville, OH

I worked at Avery Dennison

Pros

For the most part I enjoyed the people I worked with. They want to do the right thing but are quickly losing faith in Senior Managements ability to lead.

Cons

1-The Human Resources department in the divisions I encountered was horrible. They were a bunch of cute young women overly concerned with their own careers and how quickly they could advance. For just about every question you asked them their answer was an 800 number to call. One HR Manager admitted to me that she would not post job openings in other Divisions because it was a hassle for her to back-fill positions should someone leave.
    2-Leadership at the plant level changed every 2-3 years. This appears to be a mandate from Corporate...and it is not working in any way, shape, or form.
    3-My Division, specifically, did not develop from within enough. We had bright people looking to do more and more times than not they had to leave the company to get what they were looking for.

1- Put the human back in Human Resources. Too many HR folks are involved in strategic decisions.
    2- Let the Plant Managers take ownership of their plants. Leave them there for 5-8 years and develop relationships with their people. The ability to leverage relationships is not a bad thing.
    3-Make everyone working in a plant report to the Plant Manager instead of a Director miles away. As times get togher in each business segment you need everyone pushing in the same direction with one clear agenda.
    4-Do not be afraid to fail, but recognize failure quickly. The fear of failure often leads to short sighted goals and programs. Let your people implement ELS, hold them accountable for RESULTS, and move them out if they do not meet expectations. You should know if someone is a performer with 8-12 months.

There are newer employer reviews for Avery Dennison