There are newer employer reviews for Avery Dennison

Backward management, slow motion train wreck

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Pasadena, CA
Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Avery Dennison full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The rank and file employees that are currently there generally love the company and put forth 100% effort.

Cons

The Executive team is seriously old-school, with backward views on brand management and human resources. The company has recently dissolved it's corporate research center, is sustainability group and its corporate communications group. The CEO is trying to sell off the company piece by piece.

Read some contemporary management books, i.e., Good to Great. Avery Dennison fits squarely within the parameters of companies bound for failure, which is sad.

238 Other Employee Reviews for Avery Dennison (View Most Recent)

Corporate Tax Internship

Former Employee - Corporate Tax Intern in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Tax Intern in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Avery Dennison as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Actual tax return preparation, great work environment, great co-workers, beautiful building. I could tell from day one that the company is very organized and structured. The staff was very friendly and they were willing to answer any questions I had.

Cons

They are going to downsize soon. I also didn't receive too much training. It was more like being thrown into the fire. It was a good way to learn, but if I have no idea what I am doing, it will take a long time for me to get something done.

A lot of people are concerned with the downsizing and impending move. Maybe address those concerns more?

Staid, stable, slow manufacturing company

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Mentor, OH
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Mentor, OH

I have been working at Avery Dennison full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A genuinely nice place with pleasant people who work hard.

Cons

These same hard working people are generally unimaginative, set in their ways, and resistant to change. Don't expect things to change or move quickly (or maybe even at all). Proof of the adage - you can't teach an elephant to dance.

There are newer employer reviews for Avery Dennison