Avery Dennison

www.averydennison.com

A company on the decline with little opportunity for career advancement, unfavorable work/life balance and low salaries.

Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) Mentor, OH

ProsAvery will provide a job but not much in the area of career. If one is looking for work and desires to reside in the greater Cleveland area, it is an "ok" place to seek employment.

ConsThey are typically not a good paying company. They are struggling to stay affloat due to excess capacity in the pressure sensitive market. One of the ways they are offsetting losses is by annually off-loading salaries that are at or above $80K annually and hiring younger, local talent from the nearby schools and universities. If you are not a senior level manager and your salary is at or above $80K, you will be targeted in their "right-sizing/restructuring" efforts.Work life balance is a challenge as well as they are doing more with less people. A declining market along with cost out efforts over the past decade have led to this approach which has resulted in many Process Engineers, Team Leaders and Managers in Operations experiencing "burnout" after 2-3 yrs in their respective roles. Diversity is also lacking at senior level management positions. It only exists at lower level/subordinate positions. They have recently undergone lawsuits for age, gender and racial discrimination (2001, 2003, and 2005) in which they were found liable and/or payed an undisclosed sum in settlements. I would not reccommned this company, particulary the Northeast Ohio Operations, to anyone seeking employment with a company that will value work/life balance or that is looking for a "career home" with whoch they could retire.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork life balance must be improved, more competitive salaries offered and diversity improved at "Senior" level managment positions.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Changing environment. Gradual cultural change since company founder Stan Avery passed away.

Various (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Avery Dennison full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great pay and benefits. Some very talented, creative, hard working… Cons: Sr. management focus seemed to change over the years I had been… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of your employee's and they will take care… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not good for career growth only for people looking for a stable , so get out as fast as you can if you want to grow

(Current Employee)

I have been working at Avery Dennison full-time for less than a year

Pros: The job is stable , good benefits in terms of… Cons: This is by far the worst company I have worked for. Management is pathetic- they have no clue what their subordinates are doing though they… Advice to Senior Management: Please get out of your office and interact more with employees from all levels in your organization to know what are the real issues affecting… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Avery Dennison.

Worked for Avery Dennison? Contribute to the Community!