Avery Dennison
www.averydennison.com Pasadena, CA 5000+ Employees

Put the human back in Human Resources

Team Leader (Former Employee)
Painesville, OH

ProsFor the most part I enjoyed the people I worked with. They want to do the right thing but are quickly losing faith in Senior Managements ability to lead.

Cons1-The Human Resources department in the divisions I encountered was horrible. They were a bunch of cute young women overly concerned with their own careers and how quickly they could advance. For just about every question you asked them their answer was an 800 number to call. One HR Manager admitted to me that she would not post job openings in other Divisions because it was a hassle for her to back-fill positions should someone leave.
2-Leadership at the plant level changed every 2-3 years. This appears to be a mandate from Corporate...and it is not working in any way, shape, or form.
3-My Division, specifically, did not develop from within enough. We had bright people looking to do more and more times than not they had to leave the company to get what they were looking for.

Advice to Senior Management1- Put the human back in Human Resources. Too many HR folks are involved in strategic decisions.
2- Let the Plant Managers take ownership of their plants. Leave them there for 5-8 years and develop relationships with their people. The ability to leverage relationships is not a bad thing.
3-Make everyone working in a plant report to the Plant Manager instead of a Director miles away. As times get togher in each business segment you need everyone pushing in the same direction with one clear agenda.
4-Do not be afraid to fail, but recognize failure quickly. The fear of failure often leads to short sighted goals and programs. Let your people implement ELS, hold them accountable for RESULTS, and move them out if they do not meet expectations. You should know if someone is a performer with 8-12 months.

One of the best places to work in the greater Cleveland Ohio area.

Product Manager (Former Employee)
    Mentor, OH

I worked at Avery Dennison

Pros: There are many opportunities offered to learn new processes at Avery Dennison. Every employee is encourage to take Six Sigma courses and at least… Cons: The main downside to working at Avery Dennison is the career path or the lack there of a career path. Avery Dennison would be… Advice to Senior Management: Avery Dennison has a wealth of knowledge in the organization, especially below the Director and Manager levels. Senior Management should stop trusting the ideas… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Keep looking

Finishing Tech (Current Employee)
    Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Avery Dennison

Pros: good pay for the job Cons: long commute, NO chance for advancement Advice to Senior Management: be more for the employee More
There are newer reviews on Avery Dennison.

Worked for Avery Dennison? Contribute to the Community!

Avery Dennison – Why Work for Us?

Avery Dennison is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. With operations… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avery Dennison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avery Dennison CEO Dean A. Scarborough. All reviews posted anonymously by Avery Dennison employees.