There are newer employer reviews for Aviall

Nice Culture, But Doesn't Trust Employees

Former Employee - Office in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Office in Dallas, TX

I worked at Aviall

Pros

Extensive benefit package, general culture is very good, compensation very competitive. Most everything operates smoothly and people are trained well and know what they're doing. Generally healpful and supportive atmosphere.

Cons

When it gets down to individuals the claws come out. I kind of wish I worked for one of the other managers. Executives care about the results, not how the employees are treated, or even spoken to, to get there. Employees are "counseled" on their behavior or demeanor while the aggressive nature and reputation of certain managers and supervisors is ignored. There is no "all hands on deck" mentality for urgent matters. Everyone suddenly has appointments or has to pick up their kids, or it's below them to do it. Many benefits exists, but coverage is scant. Dental insurance is the worst. Very cheap, covers very little--40% of treatments, $1500 max per year. Prescription coverage has certain maintenance drugs free, but random other drugs are excluded from the formulary, like Nexium. What I "save" on one I spend 10 times over for another. Ridiculous. They block tons web sites so even if you legitimately have a lull in your work, you're expected to stare at the wall. Not even read a book.

Train managers on how to counsel employees properly if they genuinely have a concern. Negative, condescending, berating and antagonistic behavior isn't tolerated from us, so don't tolerate it from them. And don't blow us off as "disgruntled" if we complain about it. Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect from the receptionist on up. Get better coverage for your insurance. What you offer is a joke. Saying you have medical and dental is misleading when the employee ends up paying so much out of pocket

58 Other Employee Reviews for Aviall (View Most Recent)

The experience seems to vary widely by the dept.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Aviall

Pros

Great medical/dental benefits.
    A culture that promotes transitioning within the company.
    Relatively flexible schedule (most people seem to clear out by 4:30pm).
    Generally nice people.
    Education reimbursement, but only if it relates to your job.
    Professional development/training is available and encouraged.

Cons

Bad time off/vacation benefits. This is the #1 con for me. 10 days a year for 5 years, and you have to accrue it, and you get no vacation or sick benefits for the first 90 days of employment. You cannot borrow vacation time or take unpaid time off.
    Company is highly opposed to telecommuting, as its stated policy. Individual managers may differ.
    Older mindset; lots of people who have been here decades. It's hard for newcomers.
    Favoritism and LOTS of politics.

Give us more time off. The vacation policy is tough here. Stop the political games. Consider formally allowing some telecommuting. Many of us are more productive when we have more flexibility and lower stress.

Growing Company With Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

I have been working at Aviall

Pros

Growing company with many opportunities. There are many locations across the U S and the world. No matter where you are Aviall is nearby.

Cons

Corporate office is in Dallas TX and the most opportunities are there. If you do work outside of Dallas then advancement might be difficult.

There are newer employer reviews for Aviall