Aviation Institute Of Maintenance
www.aviationschoolsonline.com Philadelphia, PA

Lack of effective communication keeps students & staff in the dark

Chesapeake, VA

ProsMany instructors and staff truly love what they do for the students and it shows

ConsSchool management does not follow-up on staff/student requests quickly, does not coomunicate effectively the "big picture" so staff/students have a clear understanding of what is expected. They work "reactively" and not "proactively". The main excuse I have heard so many times is that "I have 400 students to deal with", yet many times the littlest act of communication, to stay informed with students/staff, is overlooked.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff and students, learn to set time apart directly for them so they completely understand what is going on and this just may control the tension a bit.

interesting and enlightening although very rewarding when students appreciate quality instruction

Avionics Instructor (Current Employee)
    Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance

Pros: Help make a difference and set the example for new technicians to follow Avenue to higher level learning and… Cons: Redundancy, poor communication of senior staff and HR No IT in the facility to manage computer assets and… Advice to Senior Management: Knowledge and power of ownership deligated to all levels to trust and take pride, allows… More

I enjoyed my job,and enrolling my students!

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)
    Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance full-time for less than a year

Pros: Helping young men and woman to get a respectable career… Cons: You have to be away from your family for 18… Advice to Senior Management: The way management runs this very promising business isn't right,to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Aviation Institute Of Maintenance.

Worked for Aviation Institute Of Maintenance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aviation Institute Of Maintenance CEO Gerald Yagen. All reviews posted anonymously by Aviation Institute Of Maintenance employees.