Aviation Technical Services

There are newer employer reviews for Aviation Technical Services

Good place to learn

Current Employee - Level IV Mechanical in Everett, WA
Current Employee - Level IV Mechanical in Everett, WA

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good place to learn about chapters and mro procedures and cards.

Cons

poor compensation, not much of a choice of shift or area of work, interiors,systems or flight controls

reviews filtered by

Don't do it

Current Employee - L4 Mechanic in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - L4 Mechanic in Everett, WA

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hard to say these days. Managers and sups see the writing on the wall and have given up.
    Leads do as they please, regardless of ethics or company policy; ie my lead has persuaded my direct manager to allow his son to be hired onto our crew.
    If you try hard and get hooked up with a good crew or 'mentor' you can get some good experience. However the veteran talent, for the most part, has moved on tO Boeing or other agencies.

Cons

Senior leadership chases pennies whilst dropping dollars in the process. Ideas to help streamline or increase efficiency on the floor are disregarded, or given lip service with nothing ever coming to fruition. In the last four years we have had four vp's and as many upper enchalant types, all repeat the mistakes of their predecessors and still no one listens to the menchanics who are the backbone of their company.
    Health insurance, 401k, PTO and holiday time has become increasingly pathetic as the company goes under, yet they have the money to open a new facility near Moses lake. We have sold hanger 3, hanger 2 is about to be lost....this company path makes no sense to me, but then again I'm just a mechanic.......

Advice to Management

Rather than fluff your bosses or act as high paid yes men, put a little effort into protecting the jobs of the excellent employees you have now. Stop worrying about your own personal egos, and agendas and start recognizing that we are one company not individual lines/crews.

Great place to wet your feet

Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Dynamic enviroment
    Lots of in depth work scope, one of the better 3rd party aviation maintenance facilities
    Expendable hardware for use saves time compared to other places
    Better mechanic training comparable to other mro that have a training department

Cons

Not all smiles and friendly as you would think west coast Seattle atmosphere would be

There are newer employer reviews for Aviation Technical Services