There are newer employer reviews for Aviation Technical Services

ATS- no room for growth unless you're friends with someone in senior administration

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Everett, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time

Pros

Great place to start a career. The people I work with are great. The location is good (close to i5 and 405.)

Cons

No room for growth. Hard to trust senior management (for example laying off people 3 days after stating there would be no more layoffs, but calling it re-organization.) Little to no raises.

People notice there is a "good ol' boy" network happening again, it's discusting- try promoting from within. Beer and hot dog events will never be equal to getting a real pay raise.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Aviation Technical Services (View Most Recent)

Good place to learn

Current Employee - Level IV Mechanical  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Level IV Mechanical in Everett, WA

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

good place to learn about chapters and mro procedures and cards.

Cons

poor compensation, not much of a choice of shift or area of work, interiors,systems or flight controls

Don't do it

Current Employee - L4 Mechanic  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - L4 Mechanic in Everett, WA

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hard to say these days. Managers and sups see the writing on the wall and have given up.
    Leads do as they please, regardless of ethics or company policy; ie my lead has persuaded my direct manager to allow his son to be hired onto our crew.
    If you try hard and get hooked up with a good crew or 'mentor' you can get some good experience. However the veteran talent, for the most part, has moved on tO Boeing or other agencies.

Cons

Senior leadership chases pennies whilst dropping dollars in the process. Ideas to help streamline or increase efficiency on the floor are disregarded, or given lip service with nothing ever coming to fruition. In the last four years we have had four vp's and as many upper enchalant types, all repeat the mistakes of their predecessors and still no one listens to the menchanics who are the backbone of their company.
    Health insurance, 401k, PTO and holiday time has become increasingly pathetic as the company goes under, yet they have the money to open a new facility near Moses lake. We have sold hanger 3, hanger 2 is about to be lost....this company path makes no sense to me, but then again I'm just a mechanic.......

Rather than fluff your bosses or act as high paid yes men, put a little effort into protecting the jobs of the excellent employees you have now. Stop worrying about your own personal egos, and agendas and start recognizing that we are one company not individual lines/crews.

There are newer employer reviews for Aviation Technical Services

Worked for Aviation Technical Services? Contribute to the Community!