Avid Technology
www.avid.com Burlington, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

High tech environment with a human face too

Lead QA for Film Technologies (Current Employee)
Tewksbury, MA

ProsOutstanding product, still best in its class. Nice salary, and outstanding benefits. Upper-management was very smart, even if not always technically aware of what the editing products were being used for, they were smart enough to listen to those who did.

ConsAs Apple decided to declare war on Avid, and belts had to be tightened, management made increasingly poor decisions. Emulating other editing solutions for one, then letting go of the most industry-experienced staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the energy of a new company instead of resting on your laurels. Playing safe has helped Avid survive in name, though much less so in spirit.

Once great business now in decline

Cs Representative (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: the pay check, the pay check did I say the pay… Cons: The sense of mission in the company is gone, the… Advice to Senior Management: previous integration strategy ***fail*** split the business units to sell… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If you are considering working here, please read and believe the reviews. Unfortunately, I didn't

Director (Current Employee)
    Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time

Pros: Not many come to mind. Good salaries and decent… Cons: "Incompetence" would be too kind a word to describe senior and executive management at Avid. Poor performance by management is consistently rewarded and reinforced. … Advice to Senior Management: Four years of this strategy clearly hasn't worked--it's time to pack up… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Avid Technology.

Worked for Avid Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avid Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avid Technology CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr. . All reviews posted anonymously by Avid Technology employees.