Avid Technology

www.avid.com
  www.avid.com
There are newer employer reviews for Avid Technology

Glad to be out, never looked back., sad for the company and those left behind.

Former Employee - Marketing in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Marketing in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

For high-tech business, media/broadcast is interesting and fun - makes for working on intriguing products for which you can see the results of your work on TV or in the theaters.

Cons

Avid is where inspiration, motivation, and loyalty go to die. Great place if you like executives that haven't got a clue, were promoted via the Peter Principle, and have perfected the my way or the highway form of management. GG's "open door" style of leadership really only applies to the regular layoffs and those who have managed to escape on their own. Look at the SEC filings since GG joined & brought in his cronies - they have sucked millions of dollars to pad their bank accounts, lost $200M+ of cash, reduced headcount from almost 3000 to under 2000, never made a penny of operating income, and revenues have dropped lower than since 2009. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how do you like the play?

Easy - leave. BOD - shame on you for letting this travesty continue.

234 Other Employee Reviews for Avid Technology (View Most Recent)

Avid has a long road ahead, but I want them to succeed.

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Avid's Editor Technology and Enterprise media management systems, and Audio products are good and they have a long history of having great tools for pros and prosumers. Decent Pay. Open office atmosphere - easy access to shopping at a major shopping mall - competitive benefits.

Cons

Company lay offs are an annual occurence. Lack of inspiration from Company leaders. Disenfranchised leadership with distorted sense of purpose, killing any good idea, in what was a passionate company. Products are used in Major Motion Pictures and Television shows but the industry quietly questions or shuns Avid. No More - no sense of community - no sense of corporate family, fractured lack of culture, Management new hires do not have industry experience. Avid has also lost it's connection to it's roots e people who made it a great company were let go for SVP profits. Consistent rewarding of bad behavior in executive leadership. Shareprice has little to no value and employees are not awarded stock based compensation and do not have incentive to grow with the company, outside of being allowed to "keep their job". No work life balance - employees are expected to be available weekends, holidays, and over night.

I would strongly recommend the board of directors purge the executive management and perform a top down inspection of all senior management and leaders and let go anyone who cannot prove they have knowledge of the products and industry, and their people. Create Department based employee surveys that are an analysis of individual managers - anonymous based and let go all managers that do not meet grade by an outside organization. The people deserve a voting chance to rid themselves of incompentent management.

Once a great company, great products, great culture--now they are in the business of ruining lives

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Tewksbury, MA
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Tewksbury, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Was once a wonderful place to work, great products, great customers, great culture, great perks and compensation. We were so proud to work there. Lots of great teamwork happened there in the past and the lower management was wonderful. The products changed the industry.

Cons

Now--just a shell of it's former self. Current executive team has RUINED this company. First they got crazy with buying up other companies, now they sell them off. They outsourced hundreds of jobs to Asia and the Ukraine and destroyed the lives of long term employees who were experienced and had pride in their company. They stripped the pride and culture away. Avid went from a company its' employees were proud to work for to one that had a "keep your head down" mentality. Once upon a time, we were empowered to make decisions that would benefit the customers and the company, not any longer. For those of us with specialized skills that had our jobs outsourced, we became the long term unemployed. Homes were lost, lives destroyed, families turned upside down. All for GREED. We should have known that things wouldn't turn out well when we saw a small army of folks in "corporate attire" in our casual workplace, they were the "Bain Capital Army" and they moved in to sit and review who was "expendable" they had their own "room" where they poured over paperwork. Would today be the day they reviewed your file??? The executive team, especially the CEO continued to reap millions in compensation while throwing fellow American workers "under the bus". I want Avid to survive, I've built a career on them but want them to go back to what they once were.

Take your millions and outsource yourselves far, far away. Take your GREED out of this country. Leave this company back to the real people who built it so it can prosper again.

There are newer employer reviews for Avid Technology