Avid Technology
www.avid.com Burlington, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Glad to be out, never looked back., sad for the company and those left behind.

Marketing (Former Employee)
Burlington, MA

ProsFor high-tech business, media/broadcast is interesting and fun - makes for working on intriguing products for which you can see the results of your work on TV or in the theaters.

ConsAvid is where inspiration, motivation, and loyalty go to die. Great place if you like executives that haven't got a clue, were promoted via the Peter Principle, and have perfected the my way or the highway form of management. GG's "open door" style of leadership really only applies to the regular layoffs and those who have managed to escape on their own. Look at the SEC filings since GG joined & brought in his cronies - they have sucked millions of dollars to pad their bank accounts, lost $200M+ of cash, reduced headcount from almost 3000 to under 2000, never made a penny of operating income, and revenues have dropped lower than since 2009. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how do you like the play?

Advice to Senior ManagementEasy - leave. BOD - shame on you for letting this travesty continue.

Good balance, relaxed environment

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people to work with, very good life-work balance, great… Cons: This is a difficult time for the company, too many changes leading to too… Advice to Senior Management: From my point of view, there was not enough governance.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Avid has a long road ahead, but I want them to succeed.

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Avid's Editor Technology and Enterprise media management systems, and Audio products are good and they have a long history of having great… Cons: Company lay offs are an annual occurence. Lack of inspiration from Company leaders. Disenfranchised leadership with distorted sense of purpose, killing any good idea, in… Advice to Senior Management: I would strongly recommend the board of directors purge the executive management and perform a top down inspection of all senior management and leaders and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Avid Technology.

Worked for Avid Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avid Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avid Technology CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr. . All reviews posted anonymously by Avid Technology employees.