There are newer employer reviews for Avid Technology

I go to work every day hoping today will better than yesterday, but it never is. It only gets worse.

Current Employee - Customer Support  in  Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Customer Support in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The products, customers, and coworkers are the best . Pay is decent, and when the company has the money, good raises do happen. Get to walk past a couple Oscars and Emmys on the way in. Also, if you are an executive that is looking for a place where you can stay for five years without turning a real operating profit this is the place for you!

Cons

What a management job posting should look like: The offices at Avid are reserved for outside applicants only. Never having worked in our industry is a prerequisite. Ability to ignore employee feedback a plus. Looking for an applicant that values resources over humans.

This used to be my dream job come true. Please leave so we can have the company we love back.

226 Other Employee Reviews for Avid Technology (View Most Recent)

Sitting on a Porcupine

Current Employee - Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good but dying product lines
    Passionate troops in the onshore trenches with indifferent management

Cons

This place is good if

- you enjoy working on good but dying product lines
    - you like the thrill of an eventual layoff or a sudden office closure looming over your head
    - you believe loyalty, hardwork and commitment is for loosers and there are other quicker ways to enrich and grow your professional life.
    - you don't care about growth unless you have special talent in the art of sucking up to climb the totem pole
    - Words like roadmap, vision are not in your dictionary and you don't attach any value to words like employee retention, employee satisfaction, passion etc.
    - you are are fully satisfied when you offshore any interesting or strategically important work you can to Kiev
    - you can defend yourself when your manager leaves you to the wolves but comes to offshore team's defence within microseconds.
    - you want to see unworthy people getting rewarded.
    - you can control yourself from pointing out offshore team's incompetance and risk offending them.
    - you can be indifferent when you see the organization shooting itself in the foot again and again.

Please expedite your plans to break up the remaining divisions and sell off.

Still some good ones left

Current Employee - Video Customer Success Representative  in  Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Video Customer Success Representative in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are still some very talented and experienced professionals left. Recruiters would be wise to do their due diligence and make some calls.

Cons

I really feel for new American hires. There is no future here. There is no direction. The only form of reliable information is from rumors and the rumors typically focus on the next date of layoffs which have occurred every 6 months for ~5 years. Morale is at a new rock bottom, every day.

Fall on your sword. Have some dignity.

There are newer employer reviews for Avid Technology

Worked for Avid Technology? Contribute to the Community!