There are newer employer reviews for Avid Technology

I go to work every day hoping today will better than yesterday, but it never is. It only gets worse.

Current Employee - Customer Support in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Customer Support in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The products, customers, and coworkers are the best . Pay is decent, and when the company has the money, good raises do happen. Get to walk past a couple Oscars and Emmys on the way in. Also, if you are an executive that is looking for a place where you can stay for five years without turning a real operating profit this is the place for you!

Cons

What a management job posting should look like: The offices at Avid are reserved for outside applicants only. Never having worked in our industry is a prerequisite. Ability to ignore employee feedback a plus. Looking for an applicant that values resources over humans.

Advice to Management

This used to be my dream job come true. Please leave so we can have the company we love back.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Sitting on a Porcupine

Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good but dying product lines Passionate troops in the onshore trenches with indifferent management

Cons

This place is good if - you enjoy working on good but dying product lines - you like the thrill of an eventual layoff or a sudden office closure looming over your head - you believe loyalty, hardwork and commitment is for loosers and there are other quicker ways to enrich and grow your professional life. - you don't care about growth unless you have special talent in the art of sucking up to climb the totem pole - Words like roadmap, vision are not in your dictionary and you don't attach any value to words like employee retention, employee satisfaction, passion etc. - you are are fully satisfied when you offshore any interesting or strategically important work you can to Kiev - you can defend yourself when your manager leaves you to the wolves but comes to offshore team's defence within microseconds. - you want to see unworthy people getting rewarded. - you can control yourself from pointing out offshore team's incompetance and risk offending them. - you can be indifferent when you see the organization shooting itself in the foot again and again.

Advice to Management

Please expedite your plans to break up the remaining divisions and sell off.

2. Mechanical Design

Former Employee - Mechanical Designer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Designer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

job in an industry I liked

Cons

No clue on what they are doing