There are newer employer reviews for Avid Technology

Great people, seriously flawed Executive Management

Current Employee - Sales  in  Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great, dedicated workers. Interesting product ideas.

Cons

Too many VPs and Senior Managers who get inb the way of a great company. Avid is too worried about Wall Street, and commits "unnatural business acts" as a result.

Fire most of yourselves and put the decisions in the hands of the bright engineers!

226 Other Employee Reviews for Avid Technology (View Most Recent)

Great work environment, 2 layoffs in the past 3 years.

Former Employee - Business Operations Analyst  in  Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Business Operations Analyst in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people and an easy going environment. A lot of room to grow and to share your expertise and opinion. It's a world-wide company, but you would think your fellow employees are in the next room. Internal communication is done very well. You feel that you belong and that you're always included.

Cons

A lot of new management has some growing pains. There have also been 2 large layoffs in the past few years. The company handled it well, however you can never be sure of the stability and that forces a lot of employees "jumping ship" to protect themselves.

Continue with the environment. Wonderful, intelligent people work there. Continue your hiring process and continue to grow and find ways to keep the people you have.

Employees Feel Less and Less Confident

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Depending on the group, high amounts of camaraderie and teamwork (Vs. not-so-much in a few areas). In years gone by, ability to create, draw outside the lines, and try new things as long as it is in pursuit of a company goal.

Cons

Bleeding top talent - some by downsizing, but more recently some are just getting tired of it all and are moving on. This includes skilled engineers, but also Director and VP level people as well. People leave and are often not replaced leaving the rest to pick up the slack. It's OK for a while, but it keeps happening. Instead of 1 job you can easily end up doing 2 or 3 and working incredible hours to keep it all together.

In the past, some decisions were made without a serious focus on prioritizing investments based on how much impact they have to the business. I have seen signs that this is changing. Good - It needs to.

Two layoffs in the last two years, and uncertainty on the horizon because of well-known published reports of the company's inability to file Q4 earnings on time. The company has a very complicated product line with too many part numbers. There are things that get done because "we've always done it like that" and new ideas are sometimes met with "well that's not how we do it." Well, you need to change how you're doing it because it isn't working.

New sales leader and new CEO have yet to prove themselves, but I'm encouraged. Some employees are concerned that the past CEO (who did not move the company forward despite changes to strategy he drove to build the business) left his position as CEO but is still on the Board.

Pay attention to your key employees or you won't have any. They need to know why they should believe in you now and how you plan to turn it around. Don't tell us we build the best stuff in the world for the recording and motion picture industry. We already know that. How will you simplify, focus, and build the pipeline and profits?

There are newer employer reviews for Avid Technology

Worked for Avid Technology? Contribute to the Community!