Avis Budget Group

Wouldn't Recommend Working Here

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in La Crosse, WI
Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Station Managers are awesome! Very hands on, personable, and readily available to help. If you do your job well, you can make decent money.

Cons

1. Empty Promises- Told there are plenty of opportunities for advancement when there really aren't. Overly qualified people are getting turned away from promotions and the hires come from less knowledgeable people from outside the company.

2. Very hard to get a raise. When you're one year evaluation comes up, they put it off as long as they can.

3. Very low pay compared to other rental car companies. For the amount of work you do, you don't event get paid half of what someone in the same position with Hertz or Enterprise makes.

4. If someone quits they take their sweet time finding a competent replacement. You end up working 6-7 days a week until a feasible replacement is found which could take months.

I understand the economy is in the dumps and revenue has gone down but pay your employees what their worth. And when you tell someone there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, let them advance. Don't hire someone that's overqualified for a low-level job if you have no intentions of promoting them.

538 Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group (View Most Recent)

Insulting and Degrading

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

The employees and trainers are fantastic-and unfortunately that is it!

Cons

Your are lied to there is no three month training, or three month stymus,if they pay you three months trust me you will regret it by continual degrading comments , that seasoned employees refer to "BREAKING YOU" sorry for $8.00 an hour many of us have stayed but only because we are all looking!

Get the GM to finally replace the existing management with managers who can promote their staff!The cuurrent Managers advice to to screw the customers sweetly!REALLY!!!!!

I dedicated many years to the company and was never appreciated for my contributions.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Avis Budget Group

Pros

They provide a vehicle and gas for managers.

Cons

Communication is lacking and if you get along with your your subordinates and they respect you, you alienate your boss.

You need to hire more people oriented managers and get out of the 70's style management - management by fear.

There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group