Avis Budget Group
www.avisbudgetgroup.com Parsippany, NJ 5000+ Employees

Highly Stressful career with a ton on my plate

Local Market Sales (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsDefinetly the people I worked with were great but many left during my tenure.
Company Car and free gas was nice because my territory was huge.
Territory position so I am out in the field all day.

ConsHighly stressful everyday. Too much on my plate. ABG was a bit behind the competition in many areas, Upper management has to much emphasis on bean counting and number crunching. Too many segments to sell into and one of them really was beyond my control yet I was responsible for the territory numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring my short tenure here I had (2) best in class long tenure people leave, (1) manager who hired me, leave, (1) other team member moved to a different department, and (1) fired. This was all in my regions territory. Another 25 year employee left from another state. Upper management really needs to look at the position and see why all these top people are leaving the position. If it were one it wouldn't matter but there is a large trend of LMSM leaving the position who were excellent people. Crunch those numbers. Your people should be the most important thing.

Run, and keep running....

Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros: It's a job. A few descent people to work with. Cons: Keep selling, upgrading, and keep on some more. Yes it is a sales job, yes, you need to sell. .You have money removed from… Advice to Senior Management: Stop the stretching truth. (which would suggest there is truth in what they are saying) Stop finding ways to pull money out of our pockets. (No… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Used to be good but went down fast

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Avis Budget Group

Pros: Good if you just want a starting position Cons: Push sales and upgrades regardless of local economy and issues.… Advice to Senior Management: Stop the cooky cutter approach - each area has its… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Avis Budget Group.

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avis Budget Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avis Budget Group CEO Ron Nelson. All reviews posted anonymously by Avis Budget Group employees.