Avis Budget Group

www.avisbudgetgroup.com
  www.avisbudgetgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

Highly Stressful career with a ton on my plate

Former Employee - Local Market Sales in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Local Market Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Definetly the people I worked with were great but many left during my tenure.
Company Car and free gas was nice because my territory was huge.
Territory position so I am out in the field all day.

Cons

Highly stressful everyday. Too much on my plate. ABG was a bit behind the competition in many areas, Upper management has to much emphasis on bean counting and number crunching. Too many segments to sell into and one of them really was beyond my control yet I was responsible for the territory numbers.

During my short tenure here I had (2) best in class long tenure people leave, (1) manager who hired me, leave, (1) other team member moved to a different department, and (1) fired. This was all in my regions territory. Another 25 year employee left from another state. Upper management really needs to look at the position and see why all these top people are leaving the position. If it were one it wouldn't matter but there is a large trend of LMSM leaving the position who were excellent people. Crunch those numbers. Your people should be the most important thing.

538 Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group (View Most Recent)

Badly Managed Place

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Good uncapped commissions
    Good health benefits
    there is barely enough good to write about this company.

Cons

Unfair and incompetent Management
    Mandatory OT
    Upper Management treats you like children
    Unorganized place
    no advancement
    behind competition
    managemet doesnt listen to ideas

hire new management

Wouldn't Recommend Working Here

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in La Crosse, WI
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Station Managers are awesome! Very hands on, personable, and readily available to help. If you do your job well, you can make decent money.

Cons

1. Empty Promises- Told there are plenty of opportunities for advancement when there really aren't. Overly qualified people are getting turned away from promotions and the hires come from less knowledgeable people from outside the company.

2. Very hard to get a raise. When you're one year evaluation comes up, they put it off as long as they can.

3. Very low pay compared to other rental car companies. For the amount of work you do, you don't event get paid half of what someone in the same position with Hertz or Enterprise makes.

4. If someone quits they take their sweet time finding a competent replacement. You end up working 6-7 days a week until a feasible replacement is found which could take months.

I understand the economy is in the dumps and revenue has gone down but pay your employees what their worth. And when you tell someone there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, let them advance. Don't hire someone that's overqualified for a low-level job if you have no intentions of promoting them.

There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group