There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

OK potential to make good money if you work peak shifts, otherwise you better start looking for other opportunities.

Current Employee - RSA  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - RSA in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Great Co-employees.
Amazing Benefits.
High-end, large Rental Facility, easy to get to work & park.
Much over time offered, since it's always under staffed.

Cons

Ft. Lauderdale is a discounted airport, not much commission potential.
Unfair to have the same commission tiers as Miami and Orlando.
You don't get recognized for good work, but if your sales are bad, management will bash you.
Weekly observations on sales performance.

Listen your your employees, treat fairly and ethically. A happy workplace will make a happy employee, therefore increase station numbers. Need better management managing fleet each night. Hard to make a commission living when there's not much opportunity to upsell. Don't lie to new employees telling them they can make $50 their first year. Be realistic, and you won't have the turnover you do.

463 Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group (View Most Recent)

stay away, far away

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

I received regular paychecks
    I had some great co-workers
    The uniforms (pants, shirts, ties, hats, outside weather related outfits) were provided
    Insurance coverage

Cons

I could go on forever & ever about the horrible experiences I had working at Avis. It all comes down to management & their belief they can do no wrong and are perfect in every way. They were also very lazy. They only care about themselves & not their employees, customers or other managers. Many times I heard something along the lines of, "I don't care, that's not my shift" or department or whatever. They were very re-active rather than being pro-active. It's all about sales, sales, sales. I get that part. Profits are good. Profits by screwing your employees & customers in the short term does not equate to profits in the long term. Management by fear is a favorite tactic. Once the economy gets better people will be leaving there in mass. How bad is it when you have high turnover in a poor economy? There are quite a few long term/lifers working there but there are 4-5 times that many that last less than a few weeks. Mandatory overtime because they can't/won't replace those that leave. Working 6-7 days a week for months while being short-staffed. Inventory management is horrible....hundreds of cars in return lane, 10 on the ready line, with 20 customers coming off each consecutive bus. "We're working on it, just be patient...." That's the tip of the iceberg.....seriously, after 2+ years I could go on & on & on. Thankfully I finally found my out & bolted out of there. I do find it funny that it took 2 people to replace me on the shifts that I was previously working alone, and they're both now gone too.....

Listen to your employees.
    Realize you're not perfect
    Treat your employees with respect, not as if they're a necessary evil
    Get rid of the gestapo-esque attitude

Highly Stressful career with a ton on my plate

Former Employee - Local Market Sales  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Local Market Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Definetly the people I worked with were great but many left during my tenure.
    Company Car and free gas was nice because my territory was huge.
    Territory position so I am out in the field all day.

Cons

Highly stressful everyday. Too much on my plate. ABG was a bit behind the competition in many areas, Upper management has to much emphasis on bean counting and number crunching. Too many segments to sell into and one of them really was beyond my control yet I was responsible for the territory numbers.

During my short tenure here I had (2) best in class long tenure people leave, (1) manager who hired me, leave, (1) other team member moved to a different department, and (1) fired. This was all in my regions territory. Another 25 year employee left from another state. Upper management really needs to look at the position and see why all these top people are leaving the position. If it were one it wouldn't matter but there is a large trend of LMSM leaving the position who were excellent people. Crunch those numbers. Your people should be the most important thing.

There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!