stay away, far away

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

I received regular paychecks
I had some great co-workers
The uniforms (pants, shirts, ties, hats, outside weather related outfits) were provided
Insurance coverage

Cons

I could go on forever & ever about the horrible experiences I had working at Avis. It all comes down to management & their belief they can do no wrong and are perfect in every way. They were also very lazy. They only care about themselves & not their employees, customers or other managers. Many times I heard something along the lines of, "I don't care, that's not my shift" or department or whatever. They were very re-active rather than being pro-active. It's all about sales, sales, sales. I get that part. Profits are good. Profits by screwing your employees & customers in the short term does not equate to profits in the long term. Management by fear is a favorite tactic. Once the economy gets better people will be leaving there in mass. How bad is it when you have high turnover in a poor economy? There are quite a few long term/lifers working there but there are 4-5 times that many that last less than a few weeks. Mandatory overtime because they can't/won't replace those that leave. Working 6-7 days a week for months while being short-staffed. Inventory management is horrible....hundreds of cars in return lane, 10 on the ready line, with 20 customers coming off each consecutive bus. "We're working on it, just be patient...." That's the tip of the iceberg.....seriously, after 2+ years I could go on & on & on. Thankfully I finally found my out & bolted out of there. I do find it funny that it took 2 people to replace me on the shifts that I was previously working alone, and they're both now gone too.....

Listen to your employees.
Realize you're not perfect
Treat your employees with respect, not as if they're a necessary evil
Get rid of the gestapo-esque attitude

Other Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Badly Managed Place

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Good uncapped commissions
    Good health benefits
    there is barely enough good to write about this company.

Cons

Unfair and incompetent Management
    Mandatory OT
    Upper Management treats you like children
    Unorganized place
    no advancement
    behind competition
    managemet doesnt listen to ideas

hire new management

Insulting and Degrading

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

The employees and trainers are fantastic-and unfortunately that is it!

Cons

Your are lied to there is no three month training, or three month stymus,if they pay you three months trust me you will regret it by continual degrading comments , that seasoned employees refer to "BREAKING YOU" sorry for $8.00 an hour many of us have stayed but only because we are all looking!

Get the GM to finally replace the existing management with managers who can promote their staff!The cuurrent Managers advice to to screw the customers sweetly!REALLY!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group.

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!