Avis Budget Group

www.avisbudgetgroup.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

Very good company to work for!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Good work hours and a nice work environment. Management team is very fair and pleasant to work for. Overall solid company to work for.

Cons

Customer Service Representative job is taking phone calls for 8-10 hours a day and this can become very draining. But it comes with the nature of the position.

597 Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group (View Most Recent)

Terrible Terrible Management, Unfair Commission Tiers

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Meeting people from all over the world (airport location)
    Genuinly being able to have an effect on a persons vacation

Cons

-Large level of distrust between managment and employees (unlike any ive ever seen).
    -Budget has continually made it more and more difficult to make good money from commission by raising the commission tiers/thresholds and by forcing you to take the hit on unavoidable circumstances where you cannot sell. For example, at our location a large number of our customers were vacationers from Brazil. In the last year travel agencies in Brazil are trying to sell protection packages to their customers and keep them from purchasing Budgets, so they literally give them a copy of what our rental agreements look like with big circles around the add-ons and coverages saying DO NOT BUY THIS. So the deck is stacked against rental sales agents yet we still suffered for not be able to sell to them. Even worse if a customer prepays for an upgrade or add-ons over the phone or online, the rental agent has no opportunity to sell them, yet still takes the hit for the length of the rental even though theres nothing to sell.
    -Payroll Issues. Me and others frequently wouldnt get our checks on time, or they would be short and wed have to wait until the next check to be fully compensated. THIS IS PEOPLES LIVELYHOODS YOUR MESSING WITH HERE!!
    -Dealing with long lines of angry customers at times because Budget will "book" them a car online not knowing if they will even have it available at that date. (This is a underhanded sales tactic to "get you in the door")

Make your employees happy and they will make your customers happy. Treat your employees like humans and they may stop being forced to treat your customers like nothing more than dollar signs.

gangster style, very chauvinistic, disrespectful management style for local markets

Current Employee - Agency Operator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Agency Operator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

potential to run your own business.

Cons

Worked as an agency operator, local management treated the local market operators with great disrespect. We were not employees, however management was very confused about that fact and made great efforts to mishandle us. relationship should be mutually respectful.

respond to what your well known untrained, out of control managers are doing and not doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group