There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

gangster style, very chauvinistic, disrespectful management style for local markets

Current Employee - Agency Operator in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Agency Operator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

potential to run your own business.

Cons

Worked as an agency operator, local management treated the local market operators with great disrespect. We were not employees, however management was very confused about that fact and made great efforts to mishandle us. relationship should be mutually respectful.

respond to what your well known untrained, out of control managers are doing and not doing.

reviews filtered by

Run, and keep running....

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

It's a job.
    A few descent people to work with.

Cons

Keep selling, upgrading, and keep on some more. Yes it is a sales job, yes, you need to sell. .You have money removed from your "bucket" when customer doesn't buy. Tiered system which is stacked against you. Management promised the sun, moon and stars, but delivers nothing. Average sales commission is around $400. (despite the promises of thousands)
    You work, you do, you get paid very little.
    The deck is stacked against you in every way. Preferred, reservations, Avis 1sts, - worked and no pay. (the price of near minimum wage.)

Stop the stretching truth. (which would suggest there is truth in what they are saying)
    Stop finding ways to pull money out of our pockets. (No upsale clients, preferred ) removes money from your pocket. As of Jan 1, upsales on these net you nothing....
    HR took 4 weeks to get my name right, w2's correct, and payroll direct deposit working properly.
    Turnover is unbelievable, and it is built into their system. (Very sad)

Used to be good but went down fast

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Good if you just want a starting position

Cons

Push sales and upgrades regardless of local economy and issues. No adjustments between LA and SC

Stop the cooky cutter approach - each area has its own peculiarities that affect meeting sales goals

There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group