There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

Good Opportunity for unexperienced employee, otherwise stay away!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dania Beach, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dania Beach, FL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, free gas, car, insurance and good bonus.

Cons

Poor Upper Management Absolutely no employee development Micro-Managers Zero accountability from Upper Management Extreme Cost Saving Initiatives

Advice to Management

The only advice to ABG would be to retire the upper management from the South East Area Corporate Office due to complete disconnection with employees, current business trends, etc. Over 50% of the 40+ employees of the Regional Office have been in their current roles for over 20+ causing a great resilience to much needed change.

Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group

1. Avis / Budget - Buyer beware!!

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Uncapped commission income potential to those that can work under the system. Much better that average Employee Benefit Program.

Cons

Management is largely incompetent, intimidating, and otherise out of touch with reality.

Advice to Management

none, they wouldn't listen anyway.

Understaffed and Manager needs support!!

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Traverse City, MI
    Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Traverse City, MI

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees that I worked with were very nice and worked extremely hard.

Cons

I was hired as a rental agent but was asked to wash a few cars until I could be trained to be an agent. I had no idea a few cars meant 60-100 a day! I really should have been briefed a little more on how hard this position is. I am a 46 yr old women. Washing cars everyday, for 8 hours a day is for the young.

Advice to Management

Management needs to get out of your office and open your eyes. You have a struggling branch in the Traverse City Michigan area that seriously needs staffing. From the time I interviewed, took the long test, spoke with a representative over the phone and completed my face to face interview there was a 4 month lapse in time. You have a strong manager there that is getting no support from management to help find qualified employees where they are needed. . . car wash attendants. Especially during the summer months. The pay is low for the amount of physical labor involved on a day to day basis for the car wash attendant position. It should be at least $8.50 hour if not more. Another thing lacking is attention to safety in the field. With regards to safe driving practices, MSDS sheets and proper safety related emergency issues should they -God forbid - arise. Also during my employment, I was told how all the rental agents have to get out and help wash cars every summer due to the lack of staffing. This didn't sit well with me at my age. I also was told how you could never be promoted to a manager in the same location of which you were working as a rental agent and this too was a negative for me. This is why I left. Signed. . . Learned my lesson, in T.C. Mi