There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

Understaffed and Manager needs support!!

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent  in  Traverse City, MI
Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Traverse City, MI

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees that I worked with were very nice and worked extremely hard.

Cons

I was hired as a rental agent but was asked to wash a few cars until I could be trained to be an agent. I had no idea a few cars meant 60-100 a day! I really should have been briefed a little more on how hard this position is. I am a 46 yr old women. Washing cars everyday, for 8 hours a day is for the young.

Management needs to get out of your office and open your eyes. You have a struggling branch in the Traverse City Michigan area that seriously needs staffing. From the time I interviewed, took the long test, spoke with a representative over the phone and completed my face to face interview there was a 4 month lapse in time. You have a strong manager there that is getting no support from management to help find qualified employees where they are needed. . . car wash attendants. Especially during the summer months. The pay is low for the amount of physical labor involved on a day to day basis for the car wash attendant position. It should be at least $8.50 hour if not more. Another thing lacking is attention to safety in the field. With regards to safe driving practices, MSDS sheets and proper safety related emergency issues should they -God forbid - arise. Also during my employment, I was told how all the rental agents have to get out and help wash cars every summer due to the lack of staffing. This didn't sit well with me at my age. I also was told how you could never be promoted to a manager in the same location of which you were working as a rental agent and this too was a negative for me. This is why I left.
Signed. . .
Learned my lesson, in T.C. Mi

463 Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group (View Most Recent)

Good place to work.

Current Employee - Agent  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Agent in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management. Good work life balance

Cons

Low Pay. Needs more opportunity to advance.

Pay more.

Good Opportunity for unexperienced employee, otherwise stay away!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dania Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dania Beach, FL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, free gas, car, insurance and good bonus.

Cons

Poor Upper Management
    Absolutely no employee development
    Micro-Managers
    Zero accountability from Upper Management
    Extreme Cost Saving Initiatives

The only advice to ABG would be to retire the upper management from the South East Area Corporate Office due to complete disconnection with employees, current business trends, etc. Over 50% of the 40+ employees of the Regional Office have been in their current roles for over 20+ causing a great resilience to much needed change.

There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!