Avis Budget Group

www.avisbudgetgroup.com

An efficient, cautious, and trustworthy company, despite some hiccups.

Agency Operator (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI've been with the company for close to a year now, and my experience has been all-around positive. While I have had frustrating moments, they're not relationship breakers, and they're certainly something I understood would happen from the very beginning. Senior management is phenomenal, and as my own boss, I go in to work extremely happy because I finally can craft my own work environment.

If you're lucky enough to be put in charge of a startup, you will experience one of the most amazing things of being a small business "owner," which is watching your hard work and labor pay off and grow. I've had some instances of "why am I doing this job?" but when I looked at my agency's revenue reports, I realized I was doing something right.

Avis Budget Group provides you with a fleet of newer-end vehicles to rent (although there is the occasional one that shouldn't be rented that ends up on your lot), free training for you and your employees, and the potential to make some serious income, which is dependent on how much effort you put into keeping your business moving (marketing, which you're in charge of, will be vital to continued growth). The training period is phenomenal (if you get the full 3 months).

ConsFirst and foremost, this job is NOT for everyone. There will be no such thing as a personal life after you receive your agency, and as a new operator (especially with a startup) you will be at the low end of the totem pole for everything. Distribution is a pain to deal with, and sometimes getting car inventory is like pulling teeth. As well, I lucked out big time with some great senior management, but I can understand where a lot of Agency Operators had bad experiences simply because of their TPM or DM.

Back on the topic of not for everyone, you're not an employee. You're a small business owner. I listed this as a pro, but it's especially a con if you don't know anything about running a small business. Getting the capital to operate can be rough, and if you don't have enough to furnish for employees, then you'll be on your own, which can be especially burdensome. Then there's the IRS and state, but worst of all is that since you're your own employee, you're not covered by any labor laws, which means you're chained to your contract. If you are a young entrepreneur with a lot of energy and not very much to lose, this is a good job for you, but you'll also have to work your rear off to gain the respect of your peers because most will view you as just some kid if you're under 30. If you have a family and a mortgage, I would discourage this job, unless you read through the contract with a fine-toothed comb and understand what you will be receiving from Avis Budget Group and how it will affect you.

Lastly, the company has a very strict debit card policy which results in a lot of lost potential business (especially on Budget side). These have been the only poor customer service issues I've had, and they've also been the worst, so if you inherit a Budget location, expect to be yelled at from time to time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease stipend for starting AOs and make sure that locations are able to be up and running with 100% efficiency on the date of opening. There's too much bureaucracy in the company/.

It was good but you face problems with the customers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Avis Budget Group

Pros: good opportunity to have, good Cons: the customers you face, below average More

avis budget group

Shift Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: The use of company car. Cons: Site performance is measured against other sites in region. Which is fine for the most part except prepaid gas. If a location has an easily… Advice to Senior Management: Update old systems it will pay off in long run. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Avis Budget Group.

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!