There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

When I moved to the island, Avis Budget was not my first choice, but it has turned out to be the best choice!

Current Employee - Shuttler  in  Lihue, HI
Current Employee - Shuttler in Lihue, HI

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Here's why: the administrative staff has been so friendly and helpful, their open-door style makes one feel appreciated. My fellow workers have all been friendly and receptive, making us new guys feel welcome, which is cool as being a "newbee" usually comes with its own set of problems. Last but not least, your benefits package rivals Fortune 500 companies. In fact, there are a number of employees here just for that reason. I'm not a young guy but have been accepted as one of the "guys". This is my home until I retire. Thank you all for the opportunity.

Cons

I haven't been around long enough to discover cons big enough to be concerned about. The open-door style is a welcome change.

Keep up the personal involvement with your employees, Avis can be a place where anyone willing to put in some personal effort can find a home.

459 Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group (View Most Recent)

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people with knowledge of the industry. Customer focus is good.

Cons

Rental car industry is not a growth industry which limits opportunity to grow and be creative. Need leverage technology to a much greater extent.

Take a longer term view of things

Transferred from one Avis to another, bad idea.

Current Employee - RSA  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - RSA in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked at the San Francisco Ca. location, did awesome selling there, coworkers and managers were great. I transferred to Louisville Ky for family reasons and I dread going to work now. Managers are unorganized, asking me for help, pay is drastically different as well as the commission. Although I appreciate them transferring me, I am now seeking another job. Tired of apologizing to customers because the managers cant do their job.

Cons

The commission pay is drastically different. Not fair either. The location I work at does not follow the union contract either.

Figure out what your job is and do it. Don't hide for hours when us RSA's have to apologize to customers because they have to wait for more than 2 hours for a car they reserved... not fair that we take all the heat.

There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!