There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

When I moved to the island, Avis Budget was not my first choice, but it has turned out to be the best choice!

Current Employee - Shuttler in Lihue, HI
Current Employee - Shuttler in Lihue, HI

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Here's why: the administrative staff has been so friendly and helpful, their open-door style makes one feel appreciated. My fellow workers have all been friendly and receptive, making us new guys feel welcome, which is cool as being a "newbee" usually comes with its own set of problems. Last but not least, your benefits package rivals Fortune 500 companies. In fact, there are a number of employees here just for that reason. I'm not a young guy but have been accepted as one of the "guys". This is my home until I retire. Thank you all for the opportunity.

Cons

I haven't been around long enough to discover cons big enough to be concerned about. The open-door style is a welcome change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the personal involvement with your employees, Avis can be a place where anyone willing to put in some personal effort can find a home.

Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group

New leadership has destroyed this company...period

Former Employee - City Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - City Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people you work with at the ground level. There are some great folks who still believe in what Avis used to stand for, I.e. Taking care of customers and employees. Not so much anymore.

Cons

Simply put, the majority of the SLT is absolutely terrified of Avis's president. There is massive dysfunction within the ranks of management and operations.

Advice to Management

The SLT needs a compete overhaul, starting at the top. The board should take anonymous surveys of the state of the company. They would be shocked be the feedback.

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people with knowledge of the industry. Customer focus is good.

Cons

Rental car industry is not a growth industry which limits opportunity to grow and be creative. Need leverage technology to a much greater extent.

Advice to Management

Take a longer term view of things