Avis Budget Group

Poor Rental Sales Agent Training At Counter

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent
Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent

Pros

Benefits

Large blocks of slow periods at my location.

I am single, so I don't mind working weekends, holidays, odd shifts.

Due to my previous work history, there is ample room for advancement.

Cons

Operations managers are nice but do not perform some of their duties to adequate levels. For example:

They don't train the rental sales agents at the counter, despite the fact that it is their policy to do so.

Poor/slow resupply of smaller vehicles from the cleaning department, and slow shuttle drivers. How many shuttle drivers does it take to change a light bulb?

I accepted and even embraced their upselling and selling of add-on products. However, when we have a longer rental period from a customer, such as 3 weeks, with no upsell or add-ons, it drags our average down.

If we don't meet sales expectations, we can be let go. Maybe they should place less weight on these longer rentals as it pertains to our average. This is the reason I will not recommend this company to friends.

Accountability for ops managers on above. These are not difficult components to manage, but there isn't a mechanism to double check that they are performing these duties.

My location has several employees that have been here for more than 10 years. They catch/fix some of these problems. The portion that fall through this line of defense result in service failures to the customers.

Replace the antique DOS reservation system LOL.

Other reviews for Avis Budget Group

Company is ever-changing, which is a good thing, but has been challenged to see things through before acting.

Former Employee - Corporate Sales  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales in New York, NY

Pros

I enjoyed the freedom to manage my workday the way I saw fit. As long as you are performing, they give you a longer leash typically.

Cons

Follow through on strategy and not enough sales training courses. More recognition and positive reinforcement needed. Budget truck rental is poorly run and deserves better as the cash cow of this organization. Overaged fleet with poor customer service.

"Live in the moment" more and really celebrate the victories. Don't just ring a bell.

Good Company to start as carrier, but not easy to grow.

Current Employee - Database Analyst  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Database Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

-Work Culture
    -Compensation
    -Benefits - 401K, Vacations
    - Flexible timings based on the group one works.

Cons

- Conservative in terms of spending expenses for Technology.
    - Growth rate is low.
    - Lots of oldies holding the senior position.
    - Reviews and Goals are just formalities.

- Management need to focus in Promoting the youngsters and give them chance.

There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group.

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!