Avis Budget Group

www.avisbudgetgroup.com

Poor Rental Sales Agent Training At Counter

Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits

Large blocks of slow periods at my location.

I am single, so I don't mind working weekends, holidays, odd shifts.

Due to my previous work history, there is ample room for advancement.

ConsOperations managers are nice but do not perform some of their duties to adequate levels. For example:

They don't train the rental sales agents at the counter, despite the fact that it is their policy to do so.

Poor/slow resupply of smaller vehicles from the cleaning department, and slow shuttle drivers. How many shuttle drivers does it take to change a light bulb?

I accepted and even embraced their upselling and selling of add-on products. However, when we have a longer rental period from a customer, such as 3 weeks, with no upsell or add-ons, it drags our average down.

If we don't meet sales expectations, we can be let go. Maybe they should place less weight on these longer rentals as it pertains to our average. This is the reason I will not recommend this company to friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccountability for ops managers on above. These are not difficult components to manage, but there isn't a mechanism to double check that they are performing these duties.

My location has several employees that have been here for more than 10 years. They catch/fix some of these problems. The portion that fall through this line of defense result in service failures to the customers.

Replace the antique DOS reservation system LOL.

Great stable company, outstanding benefits and advancement to grow!

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: You gain "corporate" knowledge in a family atmosphere. High expectations are set for each person so it's not the job for the… Cons: Some management are strechted to thin, communication needs improvement. Unions… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the recognition with all employees! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Choose ABG and you'll be happy you did (I should've quit "the other guys" sooner, I'm happy I finally did)

Service Agent, Detail Agent (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

Pros: Many others say---as a company---that they always consider their people before their profit margin, or even say that production quality is more important than quantity.… Cons: There is a language barrier with most of my co-workers. I like that there are so many… Advice to Senior Management: Lose the ugly rubber floor mats! Sure, it saves the company hundreds of dollars per car when it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Avis Budget Group.

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!