There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

The moon and the stars promised, nothing delivered.

Former Employee - Rental Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Rental Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to know a lot about customers and vehicles. You're taught how to sell and given feedback about it.

Cons

Payroll does not send your check on time. Your last check, isn't sent, at all, you have to call HR and fight them for your hard earned money. They don't tell you that both your hourly and commissions are heavily taxed. Working 50+ hours per week, I was only making $8 an hour, in a really stressful environment. We were terribly understaffed and had to handle long lines of frustrated customers while trying to sell them different products. Not a good gig.

Hire more people. Hire more people. Don't take advantage of the employees. Tell your employees that ethics are important but they rarely come into play at work, so leave your values at home.

486 Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group (View Most Recent)

Poor Rental Sales Agent Training At Counter

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits

Large blocks of slow periods at my location.

I am single, so I don't mind working weekends, holidays, odd shifts.

Due to my previous work history, there is ample room for advancement.

Cons

Operations managers are nice but do not perform some of their duties to adequate levels. For example:

They don't train the rental sales agents at the counter, despite the fact that it is their policy to do so.

Poor/slow resupply of smaller vehicles from the cleaning department, and slow shuttle drivers. How many shuttle drivers does it take to change a light bulb?

I accepted and even embraced their upselling and selling of add-on products. However, when we have a longer rental period from a customer, such as 3 weeks, with no upsell or add-ons, it drags our average down.

If we don't meet sales expectations, we can be let go. Maybe they should place less weight on these longer rentals as it pertains to our average. This is the reason I will not recommend this company to friends.

Accountability for ops managers on above. These are not difficult components to manage, but there isn't a mechanism to double check that they are performing these duties.

My location has several employees that have been here for more than 10 years. They catch/fix some of these problems. The portion that fall through this line of defense result in service failures to the customers.

Replace the antique DOS reservation system LOL.

Company is ever-changing, which is a good thing, but has been challenged to see things through before acting.

Former Employee - Corporate Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the freedom to manage my workday the way I saw fit. As long as you are performing, they give you a longer leash typically.

Cons

Follow through on strategy and not enough sales training courses. More recognition and positive reinforcement needed. Budget truck rental is poorly run and deserves better as the cash cow of this organization. Overaged fleet with poor customer service.

"Live in the moment" more and really celebrate the victories. Don't just ring a bell.

There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group