There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

The moon and the stars promised, nothing delivered.

Former Employee - Rental Sales Associate  in  Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Rental Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to know a lot about customers and vehicles. You're taught how to sell and given feedback about it.

Cons

Payroll does not send your check on time. Your last check, isn't sent, at all, you have to call HR and fight them for your hard earned money. They don't tell you that both your hourly and commissions are heavily taxed. Working 50+ hours per week, I was only making $8 an hour, in a really stressful environment. We were terribly understaffed and had to handle long lines of frustrated customers while trying to sell them different products. Not a good gig.

Hire more people. Hire more people. Don't take advantage of the employees. Tell your employees that ethics are important but they rarely come into play at work, so leave your values at home.

459 Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group (View Most Recent)

Great stable company, outstanding benefits and advancement to grow!

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You gain "corporate" knowledge in a family atmosphere. High expectations are set for each person so it's not the job for the lazy. Benefits and incentive plans are fantastic. I enjoy the constant challenges and everyday learning, never a dull moment! Love working for ABG!

Cons

Some management are strechted to thin, communication needs improvement. Unions are horrible, taking employees money for no reason.

Keep up the recognition with all employees!

Choose ABG and you'll be happy you did (I should've quit "the other guys" sooner, I'm happy I finally did)

Current Employee - Service Agent, Detail Agent  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Service Agent, Detail Agent in Portland, OR

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many others say---as a company---that they always consider their people before their profit margin, or even say that production quality is more important than quantity. After working here for four weeks, it appears to me that the safety and satisfaction of employees and customers are actually the first consideration of Avis Budget Group. I have also witnessed (as Service Agent and Detail Agent) that quality always trumps quantity. It is a pleasure to work with people who enjoy coming to work and who don't bemoan either the day's new challenges or the month's old routines. I like working at ABG and plan to stay here for years.

Cons

There is a language barrier with most of my co-workers. I like that there are so many different cultures working in one place, but at times it can be a challenge to make myself understood/understand them.

Lose the ugly rubber floor mats! Sure, it saves the company hundreds of dollars per car when it comes time to sell but "the other guys" cars look nicer. The mats definitely lower ABG's "curb appeal".

There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!