Great Place to Work and Family Friendly

Former Employee - Change Management - IT Infrastructure in Parsippany, NJ
Former Employee - Change Management - IT Infrastructure in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Life and Work friendly, praise for hard word and good job done. Great work flexibility. Can telecommute part of the week.

Cons

Only the favorites get the bonuses and raises no matter what. Consultants work like there's no tomorrow. Work hard or shown the door. Regular employees off earlier than consultants a lot during the summer season. Regular employees off early for company functions while consultants left to work = consultants feeling demoralized and ostrasized. Forget about whose right or wrong when confronted by regular employees concerning a consultants work = the regular workers are always right. Just agree with whatever they state and you will be fine. And by no means get into any differences with the regular workers at all. You will be shown the door. In short, consultants must keep their eyes and fingers glued to the PC screens and keypads the majority of the working day, don't think about the regular employees early summer hours and company outings and you will be fine. Thank you sir may I have another comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Encourage ALL your employees to join in company activities for better overall company wide worker morale without shorting the consultants pay (its only two hours) and the consultants earned it by worker harder and longer than the regular employees. It also sends a bad impression to talent that may want to come aboard when you discover them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I worked one summer as an intern in the Rent-A-Car Accounting Department where I handled audits of their revenues

Current Employee - Intern in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Intern in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

The people in my department were excellent and had a good sense of humor, flexible hours

Cons

They did not provide me housing

Advice to Management

Good strategy to overtake enterprise

The little people get screwed again

Current Employee - Manager in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Work Life Balance is really good
    Benefits are awesome
    Gym is on site
    Cafeteria is good
    Coworkers are like family

Cons

Inflated upper management
    Increases held again
    COO retiring is going to be an issue
    CEO has no clue
    Not enough pros for the little people

Advice to Management

Stop sending out articles about how our CEO hates to fly commercial and promoting the already overinflated VPs in the company. It sends a bad message to the rest of us little people when we won't have increases AGAIN until mid-year. The rich get richer and the rest of us get looking for new jobs.