Aviva

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aviva

Pros

Good team of people to work with, friendly work enviornment

Cons

May have to travel in community

Continue to obtain employment feedback

137 Other Employee Reviews for Aviva (View Most Recent)

Aviva, cutting edge and growing fast, but starting to see a downward trend

Current Employee - Underwriter in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Underwriter in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Aviva

Pros

Growing company
    Cutting edge innovation
    Nice new West Des Moines location

Cons

Reorganized Life New business Department where underwiriter reports to Non-underwriting managers.
    Managers, Directors, VPs making decisions with no prior experience and not aware of potential fall-out.
    Disssatisfaction at most job levels. Individual contributers do not feel like management cares or sees the big picture anymore.
    Managers that are not seen or respected as leaders due to incompetence.
    Commmincation is very poor.
    Shift from quality underwriting decisions that estabilished Aviva as a formatable competitor to widget environment where cranking out underwriting desions is first and quality is last. This is not in the best interst of our customer and will only serve to reverse the strides we have made in the BGA market.

Re-evaulate insurance operations and strategy to see if it fits with the high level corporate objectives. Aviva became better known due to collaboration from satisfied, happy, respected employees who were proud to be part of a growing, leading edge company. Pay attention to your employee surveys (recommend you not wait until fall to do another one as talented people will not wait that long). Weed out the individuals who are just "managing" but not "leading."

Very fast growing, but unorganized

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Aviva

Pros

They're growing, and fast, especially in IT. They're hiring a lot of people right now, and I believe with their growth rate, there will be a lot of opportunity to move up as you become more senior over your peers.

Cons

There seems to be some disconnect with senior management, but otherwise managers are helpful, and let you balance your work with your life.

One of the jokes at work was the lack of training. I've never gone into a job where there was almost no training program what-so-ever. Coworkers were helpful, but for a company of this size, I was blown away by the lack of on-boarding.

There are newer employer reviews for Aviva