Aviva

www.aviva.com

Unstructured Mess - Finally being straightened out?

Managing Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFantastic Work-Life Balance, encouraging flexible working and mobile work practises.
Has lots of potential for positive change and efficiencies. Good flexible benefits package.

ConsAt the Aviva Group Centre there is such a poor handle on HR and talent management issues. In three years I had 10 line managers, and not once did a HR representative email or talk to me about these changes.

The 6 monthly appraisal system is completely flawed and is just a tick in the box exercise. Talent Management practises strangely only are available from 'Head of' and above, which to me is completely backwards.

Recent mass redundancies made it openly apparent that the organisation is extremely politically motivated and senior management therefore are hard to trust.

Advice to Senior ManagementSort out HR practises in AGC and don't let senior (people) managers and directors have full control on HR issues, otherwise you will find that constructive dismissal cases will start appearing.
People managers need to be trained on how to manage people, my experience of 10 in 3 years will say that most didn't have a clue as to how to motivate, lead and manage a team.

6.08 yr exp. in Customer service & operation

Operation Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Delhi (India)

I have been working at Aviva full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: freedom to work, work enironment, compensation.. Cons: pressure groupism growth is less family values is less personal decision not allowed No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A company with a muddled direction, some great people and some not so-great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

I worked at Aviva full-time for more than a year

Pros: Blue-chip company, wide-ranging experience, great benefits even if headline salaries… Cons: Heavily exposed to Europe, muddled strategy, terrible HR/people management Advice to Senior Management: Choose a strategy and stick to it for longer than… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Aviva.

Worked for Aviva? Contribute to the Community!