There are newer employer reviews for Avnet

OK company for the short time I was there.

Former Employee - Field Sales
Former Employee - Field Sales

I worked at Avnet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Focused on core products that are top in the industry. Provided extensive training for sales. Great supporting team for sales through marketing and the product team. The management was willing to listen to ideas and allow the team to test certain ideas.

Cons

Many acquisitions that lead to layoffs. Top talent is lost due to the changes within the company. Travel needed to cover some territories can be greater than 70%.

98 Other Employee Reviews for Avnet (View Most Recent)

My experience was good till the time I had not asked about my money once I asked Management made my life hell.

Former Employee - Senior Specialist - Solution Sales in New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Specialist - Solution Sales in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Avnet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worldwide company has good name,

Cons

Mr. Rick Hamada CEO of Avnet should strictly look in to the matter. Indian Management is exploiting the Indian Employee. There is no professionalism over here, people are treated like serving person who is working at some Confectionery Store. Avnet worldwide is the best company but Indian side is pathetic.

Great place to learn and grow

Former Employee - Vice President
    Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at Avnet full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent place to work. Fantastic co-workers and great suppliers. Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow? There are a lot of opportunities at Anvet? If you get into te right group, keep your head down and get connected with the right managers.

Cons

Still a good old boys company and some areas of the company use intemendation instead of leadership to get things done. They talk a lot about innovation, but they can't pull it off. They are much better at taking something that is established to market than trying to do it themselves.

Instead of the cycle of hire and fire of workers, start removing the mangers if the numbers arn't made. Also (in TS) does musical chair management really work?

There are newer employer reviews for Avnet