There are newer employer reviews for Avnet

Overall good experience as an Intern

Former Employee - Suppy Chain Intern  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Suppy Chain Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Avnet as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Company culture is great. Very open, you can talk to anyone in the building. International company, lots of opportunities. Community involvement, fun programs and events.
Mentors taught and put us to work asap.

Cons

From an intern position, did not always have work. Some interns rarely had anything to do, but others were constantly busy. I guess it depends on your manager and team. Old ERP systems.

Maybe have certain interns rotate between other teams to see their functionalities.

93 Other Employee Reviews for Avnet (View Most Recent)

Great Learning Opportunity, but limited growth

Current Employee - Applications Engineer
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer

I have been working at Avnet full-time

Pros

It's a positive atmosphere, as they give you many different opportunities to grow your knowledge about the electronics industry. You get the chance to touch a little of everything and see what's going in the real world.

Cons

The company is a great place to start for anyone that is fresh out of college. But it seems that there is not much youth around. Most of the employees have been around 20, 25 and even 35 years. This leads to a lot of stagnant ideas. No one is really coming up with anything new. It does become a matter of who you know and what they think about you.

Worst company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Avnet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Their are no pros about this job

Cons

Worst company I ever worked for. The people on the line or warehouse get treated very poorly and management and human resource does care about the employee's.I work there just because I needed the money.You get no raise or any hope of move up in company.I would not recommend this place to anyone.I would think twice before working here.

I hope your company fails

There are newer employer reviews for Avnet

Worked for Avnet? Contribute to the Community!