Avon Products
www.avon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Avon - Turnaround requires Culture Change

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Rye, NY

ProsThe new leadership team really seems to be making changes and basing decision on facts instead of feelings. A lot of the old timers have been retired and the environment is more demanding.

ConsThere still remains a 'we can't touch that, we've always done it that way' mentality in some areas. The culture is very passive aggressive, and people tend to avoid conflict and constructive criticism. The focus on outsourcing has destroyed service levels internally as most of the people managing the transition to outsourcers are in over their heads.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be no sacred cows anywhere in the organization with the exception of the Representative.

Get out before the house of cards comes tumbling down.

Copywriter (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Avon Products

Pros: From what I hear, the salaries are okay, as are the benefits, though these are getting pared down daily.… Cons: Other than filthy bathrooms? Let's make a list: 1. Top-level management who can't tell one body part from another. 2. Senior marketing so incompetent they are forced… Advice to Senior Management: Quit. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Avon cares about their employees inspite of all their internal challenges

Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Avon Products full-time for more than a year

Pros: Open to changes, appreciate employees Cons: Slower response time due to size, not on par with… Advice to Senior Management: Training, new hires to bring in new ideas and incorporate… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Avon Products.

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avon Products reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avon Products CEO Sheri S. McCoy. All reviews posted anonymously by Avon Products employees.