There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

If you're the "chosen one", you'll climb the promotion ladder quickly, otherwise you're just another Avon associate.

Current Employee - Engineer in Suffern, NY
Current Employee - Engineer in Suffern, NY

I have been working at Avon Products

Pros

Avon offers competitive compensation and satisfactory benefits. For example, Avon beats industry average salary by 20 to 25%. In 2005, Avon completed its new R&D facility in Suffern, New York. The new building has state of the art research lab benches, new technology and innovation research labs, as well as spacious pilot lab. However, the roads in the town of Suffern are narrow and the intersections can be chaotic. One unique feature of Avon is that it derives large portion of business from global sales. Therefore, associates interact often with staff at other international Avon locations. It serves as a venue to open up worldwide perspectives and opportunities to travel abroad on company business.

Cons

Only the "chosen ones" get promoted and taken seriously. Corporate politics can be intense. Management can be abusive from time to time.

Advice to Management

Walk the walk.

reviews filtered by

Avon...no amount of make up can make this job attractive.

Current Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Avon Products

Pros

The benefits offered by Avon are good and usually include a company car. Travel is paid for by the company, and you will never need to buy jewelry or cosmetics again!

Cons

The pressure to exceed your previous successes is horrible. If you exceed expectations, you're rewarded with higher expectations, until they're impossible to achieve. Working a 6 or 7 day work week is not unusual. Job security is something that's not very secure with this company. They have been constantly "delayering" employees for the last several years and plan to do alot more of it in the near future. Those at the top never take responsibility when a program or incentive doesn't work. Instead, those on the lower rung of the corporate ladder are burdened to clean up the mess.

Advice to Management

Try "delayering" some of the decision makers who spend most of their time in an office...and actually go out in the field and listen to your managers. You may learn something about your own company!

I like working for Avon.

Current Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Weirton, WV
    Current Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Weirton, WV

I have been working at Avon Products

Pros

Because I can be my own boss and feel like I can earn as much as I am willing to work. I can work as little or as much as I want depending on what is going on in my life, and I don't have to answer to anyone. It makes it fun to work when you don't have anyone to answer to besides my customers. They pay pretty decent too. You can earn as much as 50% on the products you sell.

Cons

None yet. It's just like any company, you have to treat it like a business and work at it, it is real work but it is worth it. They are not unscrupulous in their dealings, and it's an honest company that is not out to cheat you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products