Avon Products

www.avon.com
  www.avon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

My experiences have all been great.Extra money,my own schedule,working from home.It's great.

Current Employee - Independent Avon Sales Representative in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Independent Avon Sales Representative in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was drawn to Avon,as my husband had been laid off for a 2nd time in 2 months(no work).We have 5 children,bills to pay,ect.With 5 small children I have to be home.My husband started working again,but only as a temp,so he just goes from job to job.So I started looking into working from home,well after scam after scam,AVON was the next thing that popped up.So I called a represenative,and boom I was selling Avon.I have a great customer base building,selling great products,and doing it all from home.Extra money coming in,I'm happy.Plus my self esteem has lifted greatly.If it can work for me,it can work for anyone.

Cons

None that I have found.You have to put your all in it,and just do it.

KEEP IT UP!!!!

636 Other Employee Reviews for Avon Products (View Most Recent)

Gain great experience, but at your own expense

Former Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Avon Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will take on more responsibilities than the job description detailed.
    If you work hard, have a good attitude, and have the ability to adapt easily, you will go far at Avon.

Cons

Senior management does not support process, and they are notorious for continually making knee-jerk decisions and last minute changes that disrupt associates daily work life.
    You will NOT be compensated for any additional effort you place into the company, especially in marketing.

Upper management needs to realize that Avon cannot continue to succeed (or turn around its current business) if it continues its current management practices. Expecting your employees to work 65/70+ hours a week with no compensation can only happen for so long. If you wonder why everyone is leaving the company right now, this is the reason. I would have been willing to stay and work if I knew I was eventually going to get something out of the MANY extra hours I was working. However, I was repeatedly told "thank you" as if that was enough. Take a look at your marketing turnover, take a look at the hours they work, and then take a look at their compensation compared to other teams...if you can't figure out the turnover issue by doing that, then you deserve to be in your current position.

Fun times, but not much support.

Former Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Avon Products as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The meetings and get-together are very fun, and you get to meet lots of new people. There is usually someone who has been through whatever issue you are having and will be able to help you. You can set your own hours, and even work with your kids! The core products (makeup, fragrance, etc) are some of the best out there.

Cons

The website is hard to navigate and makes it difficult to put in orders and revamp your selling website. Products are very often back-ordered and sometimes do not end up coming at all; this can cause customer loss. The market is fairly saturated already, so it can be difficult to find new customers that aren't family. Also, the non-core products (some of the jewelry, gift items, etc) are very poorly made and break or don't work, and the returns process is a nightmare.

Make returns easier on the customer and the ISR. Streamline your website. Get better manufacturers for your non-core products, or stop selling them.

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products