There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

You Control Your Destiny

Current Employee - Representative in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Avon Products part-time (more than a year)

Pros

With Avon, you can earn extra spending money or you can make it a full-time endeavor. You control your own hours. It gives you the opportunity to help other women feel more beautiful, more confident. It helps you feel empowered. There is no need to purchase a costly start-up kit. The prices are generally reasonable. Many clients return to you to buy their "regular" products as they run out of them. You can build good business relationships with your recurring clients. New, more modern products are always surfacing while the older, nostalgic products remain. If you know a lot of people and/or have a real "go-getter" attitude, you can have a really lucrative business with Avon.

Cons

The biggest drawback to being an Avon Representative is it is very tempting to buy the very products you are selling. Also, the samples many customers rely upon in order to make a decision as to which products they would wish to purchase have to be bought by us, the representatives. In addition, If you do not know many people, it can be very hard to build a substantial clientele. In my experience, a lot of people just buy from you once for that special Christmas gift or that cute item. Many clients are turned off by the fee they have to pay, which has increased over the years. It used to be 25 cents. The last I saw, it was $1.00. In order to encourage them to buy, especially my "regular" customers, I "waived" their fee, which meant I paid it for them.

Advice to Management

My best advice would be to get rid of the service fee, especially for recurring customers. Also, the samples should be free of charge to the representatives or at least at a much cheaper price than they are currently.

reviews filtered by
  1. Avon is fabulous!

Current Employee - Representative/Leadership in Fort Campbell, KY
    Current Employee - Representative/Leadership in Fort Campbell, KY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Offers great products at great prices. Allows for time with family and is a great way to earn income.

Cons

It can be time consuming depending on how many delieveries there is to make.

Advice to Management

Please offer more and various incentives.

2. Great Co to work for

Current Employee - Avon Representative in Shepherdsvlle, KY
    Current Employee - Avon Representative in Shepherdsvlle, KY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (less than a year)

Pros

make your own days and hours to work

Cons

does not have a steady weekly income of an average paycheck

Advice to Management

more involvement from the recruiter need more training

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products