Avon Products

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

You Control Your Destiny

Current Employee - Representative in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Avon Products part-time (more than an year)

Pros

With Avon, you can earn extra spending money or you can make it a full-time endeavor. You control your own hours. It gives you the opportunity to help other women feel more beautiful, more confident. It helps you feel empowered. There is no need to purchase a costly start-up kit. The prices are generally reasonable. Many clients return to you to buy their "regular" products as they run out of them. You can build good business relationships with your recurring clients. New, more modern products are always surfacing while the older, nostalgic products remain. If you know a lot of people and/or have a real "go-getter" attitude, you can have a really lucrative business with Avon.

Cons

The biggest drawback to being an Avon Representative is it is very tempting to buy the very products you are selling. Also, the samples many customers rely upon in order to make a decision as to which products they would wish to purchase have to be bought by us, the representatives. In addition, If you do not know many people, it can be very hard to build a substantial clientele. In my experience, a lot of people just buy from you once for that special Christmas gift or that cute item. Many clients are turned off by the fee they have to pay, which has increased over the years. It used to be 25 cents. The last I saw, it was $1.00. In order to encourage them to buy, especially my "regular" customers, I "waived" their fee, which meant I paid it for them.

My best advice would be to get rid of the service fee, especially for recurring customers. Also, the samples should be free of charge to the representatives or at least at a much cheaper price than they are currently.

636 Other Employee Reviews for Avon Products (View Most Recent)

They are not transparent with their representatives on charges made to their accounts

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Avon Products full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great products and you get to work at your own pace and time

Cons

The system Is not transparent.For any campaign that you do not make an order for,you are charged!.The billing system is very crafty.They present a low total amount at checkout but,when your invoice is sent,they embed several charges by which time the order may have shipped thereby putting your balance in a negative.Most times,Iended up paying the difference frommypocket because you look stupid if you go back to the customer that the price you originally gave her isnt actually the price.you are even charged for samples,you pay to be a representative,you pay to work for Avon.its not worth it at all,its better to sleep than take on this loss because it isnt a job to say the least

Stop exploiting your representatives,,have some transparency;let ppl know the actual total figure of an order ,if there are additional charges,pls let it appear on thescreen not after the order has been processed,it doesnt show class,it reflects craftiness and desperation!!!!!!

Great Co to work for

Current Employee - Avon Representative in Shepherdsvlle, KY
    Current Employee - Avon Representative in Shepherdsvlle, KY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (less than an year)

Pros

make your own days and hours to work

Cons

does not have a steady weekly income of an average paycheck

more involvement from the recruiter need more training

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products