Avon Products
www.avoncompany.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Fun times, but not much support.

Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at Avon Products as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThe meetings and get-together are very fun, and you get to meet lots of new people. There is usually someone who has been through whatever issue you are having and will be able to help you. You can set your own hours, and even work with your kids! The core products (makeup, fragrance, etc) are some of the best out there.

ConsThe website is hard to navigate and makes it difficult to put in orders and revamp your selling website. Products are very often back-ordered and sometimes do not end up coming at all; this can cause customer loss. The market is fairly saturated already, so it can be difficult to find new customers that aren't family. Also, the non-core products (some of the jewelry, gift items, etc) are very poorly made and break or don't work, and the returns process is a nightmare.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake returns easier on the customer and the ISR. Streamline your website. Get better manufacturers for your non-core products, or stop selling them.

Avon has been life changing for me

Advanced Unit Leader (Current Employee)
Ardmore, AL

I have been working at Avon Products full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: If you are a self-motivated, self starter type this is… Cons: can't think of any. It's all good Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I enjoy it as I'm my own boss.

Avon Representative (Current Employee)
Bloomfield, IA

I have been working at Avon Products part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I can work as much or as little as I… Cons: Sometimes get pressured to get more orders when the economy… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Avon Products.

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avon Products reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avon Products CEO Sheri S. McCoy. All reviews posted anonymously by Avon Products employees.