There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

The Company just isn't what it use to be.

Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun products, feel good about helping people, good prices for customers - easy sales

Cons

Management heavy, work load greater than salary. They say there is bonus opportunity - but the company is declining rapidly and there have been no bonuses for quit awhile.

Advice to Management

Stop changing the rules every two weeks. Put focus back on helping Representatives make money with sales and not all about recruiting for more Reps! Too much money spent on Conferences to get the managers excited when they could give us each $500 to get us excited!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Avon has been life changing for me

Current Employee - Advanced Unit Leader in Ardmore, AL
    Current Employee - Advanced Unit Leader in Ardmore, AL

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are a self-motivated, self starter type this is the job for you. Unlimited income potential

Cons

can't think of any. It's all good

You Control Your Destiny

Current Employee - Representative in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Avon Products part-time (More than a year)

Pros

With Avon, you can earn extra spending money or you can make it a full-time endeavor. You control your own hours. It gives you the opportunity to help other women feel more beautiful, more confident. It helps you feel empowered. There is no need to purchase a costly start-up kit. The prices are generally reasonable. Many clients return to you to buy their "regular" products as they run out of them. You can build good business relationships with your recurring clients. New, more modern products are always surfacing while the older, nostalgic products remain. If you know a lot of people and/or have a real "go-getter" attitude, you can have a really lucrative business with Avon.

Cons

The biggest drawback to being an Avon Representative is it is very tempting to buy the very products you are selling. Also, the samples many customers rely upon in order to make a decision as to which products they would wish to purchase have to be bought by us, the representatives. In addition, If you do not know many people, it can be very hard to build a substantial clientele. In my experience, a lot of people just buy from you once for that special Christmas gift or that cute item. Many clients are turned off by the fee they have to pay, which has increased over the years. It used to be 25 cents. The last I saw, it was $1.00. In order to encourage them to buy, especially my "regular" customers, I "waived" their fee, which meant I paid it for them.

Advice to Management

My best advice would be to get rid of the service fee, especially for recurring customers. Also, the samples should be free of charge to the representatives or at least at a much cheaper price than they are currently.