There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

The Company just isn't what it use to be.

Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fun products, feel good about helping people, good prices for customers - easy sales

Cons

Management heavy, work load greater than salary. They say there is bonus opportunity - but the company is declining rapidly and there have been no bonuses for quit awhile.

Stop changing the rules every two weeks. Put focus back on helping Representatives make money with sales and not all about recruiting for more Reps! Too much money spent on Conferences to get the managers excited when they could give us each $500 to get us excited!

reviews filtered by

Gain great experience, but at your own expense

Former Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Avon Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will take on more responsibilities than the job description detailed.
    If you work hard, have a good attitude, and have the ability to adapt easily, you will go far at Avon.

Cons

Senior management does not support process, and they are notorious for continually making knee-jerk decisions and last minute changes that disrupt associates daily work life.
    You will NOT be compensated for any additional effort you place into the company, especially in marketing.

Upper management needs to realize that Avon cannot continue to succeed (or turn around its current business) if it continues its current management practices. Expecting your employees to work 65/70+ hours a week with no compensation can only happen for so long. If you wonder why everyone is leaving the company right now, this is the reason. I would have been willing to stay and work if I knew I was eventually going to get something out of the MANY extra hours I was working. However, I was repeatedly told "thank you" as if that was enough. Take a look at your marketing turnover, take a look at the hours they work, and then take a look at their compensation compared to other teams...if you can't figure out the turnover issue by doing that, then you deserve to be in your current position.

2. Fun times, but not much support.

Former Contractor - Independent Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Contractor - Independent Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Avon Products as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The meetings and get-together are very fun, and you get to meet lots of new people. There is usually someone who has been through whatever issue you are having and will be able to help you. You can set your own hours, and even work with your kids! The core products (makeup, fragrance, etc) are some of the best out there.

Cons

The website is hard to navigate and makes it difficult to put in orders and revamp your selling website. Products are very often back-ordered and sometimes do not end up coming at all; this can cause customer loss. The market is fairly saturated already, so it can be difficult to find new customers that aren't family. Also, the non-core products (some of the jewelry, gift items, etc) are very poorly made and break or don't work, and the returns process is a nightmare.

Make returns easier on the customer and the ISR. Streamline your website. Get better manufacturers for your non-core products, or stop selling them.

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products