Avon Products
www.avoncompany.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Work very hard, no money.

Avon Representative (Current Employee)
Mexico, MO

I have been working at Avon Products part-time for more than 3 years

ProsI enjoy working with people, and the product itself is good, in fact I use their products. Easy online ordering, easy to receive and package products for customers.

ConsWork and work for incentives, and the company seems to work against the customer representatives. Understandable in view of the dishonesty of people, they have to protect themselves, however, so many rules and fine print makes it hard for the general worker. Online selling has taken away from the one-on-one selling. It is cheaper to order online and get free shipping than to receive products from the Avon Representative.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook out for the field workers. Local District Manager worked very hard to make things work, however, although I worked very hard to meet deadlines and recruit, it was too discouraging to always "just missed it by one", so no pay. You've lost more than one worker this way.

The Company just isn't what it use to be.

District Manager (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Avon Products full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Fun products, feel good about helping people, good prices for… Cons: Management heavy, work load greater than salary. They say there is bonus opportunity -… Advice to Senior Management: Stop changing the rules every two weeks. Put focus back on helping Representatives make money with sales and not all about recruiting for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Gain great experience, but at your own expense

Brand Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Avon Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You will take on more responsibilities than the job description detailed. If you work hard, have… Cons: Senior management does not support process, and they are notorious for continually making knee-jerk decisions and last minute changes that… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management needs to realize that Avon cannot continue to succeed (or turn around its current business) if it continues its current management practices. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Avon Products.

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avon Products reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avon Products CEO Sheri S. McCoy. All reviews posted anonymously by Avon Products employees.