Avon Products

www.avon.com
  www.avon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Work very hard, no money.

Current Employee - Avon Representative in Mexico, MO
Current Employee - Avon Representative in Mexico, MO

I have been working at Avon Products part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with people, and the product itself is good, in fact I use their products. Easy online ordering, easy to receive and package products for customers.

Cons

Work and work for incentives, and the company seems to work against the customer representatives. Understandable in view of the dishonesty of people, they have to protect themselves, however, so many rules and fine print makes it hard for the general worker. Online selling has taken away from the one-on-one selling. It is cheaper to order online and get free shipping than to receive products from the Avon Representative.

Look out for the field workers. Local District Manager worked very hard to make things work, however, although I worked very hard to meet deadlines and recruit, it was too discouraging to always "just missed it by one", so no pay. You've lost more than one worker this way.

634 Other Employee Reviews for Avon Products (View Most Recent)

The Company just isn't what it use to be.

Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fun products, feel good about helping people, good prices for customers - easy sales

Cons

Management heavy, work load greater than salary. They say there is bonus opportunity - but the company is declining rapidly and there have been no bonuses for quit awhile.

Stop changing the rules every two weeks. Put focus back on helping Representatives make money with sales and not all about recruiting for more Reps! Too much money spent on Conferences to get the managers excited when they could give us each $500 to get us excited!

Gain great experience, but at your own expense

Former Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Avon Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will take on more responsibilities than the job description detailed.
    If you work hard, have a good attitude, and have the ability to adapt easily, you will go far at Avon.

Cons

Senior management does not support process, and they are notorious for continually making knee-jerk decisions and last minute changes that disrupt associates daily work life.
    You will NOT be compensated for any additional effort you place into the company, especially in marketing.

Upper management needs to realize that Avon cannot continue to succeed (or turn around its current business) if it continues its current management practices. Expecting your employees to work 65/70+ hours a week with no compensation can only happen for so long. If you wonder why everyone is leaving the company right now, this is the reason. I would have been willing to stay and work if I knew I was eventually going to get something out of the MANY extra hours I was working. However, I was repeatedly told "thank you" as if that was enough. Take a look at your marketing turnover, take a look at the hours they work, and then take a look at their compensation compared to other teams...if you can't figure out the turnover issue by doing that, then you deserve to be in your current position.

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products