There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Management nightmare for the last few years

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Avon Products full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- Gratifying to meet representatives whose lives has changed because of Avon (earn a living to provide a better life for their families i.e. get out of poverty, go to college, start their own business)
- philanthropic company
- rich history - almost every grown woman/man can remember Avon in their childhood

Cons

Senior Management (last 5 years):
- frequently not in tune to who their representatives are and what their customers may want
- have poor communication with their staff
- introduce strategies that change constantly and never allowed to develop or see results. Change is good, but constant change is not healthy, very scattered and damaging.

Ask, listen and refer to your experienced staff who may know their business better

609 Other Employee Reviews for Avon Products (View Most Recent)

Work very hard, no money.

Current Employee - Avon Representative in Mexico, MO
    Current Employee - Avon Representative in Mexico, MO

I have been working at Avon Products part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with people, and the product itself is good, in fact I use their products. Easy online ordering, easy to receive and package products for customers.

Cons

Work and work for incentives, and the company seems to work against the customer representatives. Understandable in view of the dishonesty of people, they have to protect themselves, however, so many rules and fine print makes it hard for the general worker. Online selling has taken away from the one-on-one selling. It is cheaper to order online and get free shipping than to receive products from the Avon Representative.

Look out for the field workers. Local District Manager worked very hard to make things work, however, although I worked very hard to meet deadlines and recruit, it was too discouraging to always "just missed it by one", so no pay. You've lost more than one worker this way.

The Company just isn't what it use to be.

Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fun products, feel good about helping people, good prices for customers - easy sales

Cons

Management heavy, work load greater than salary. They say there is bonus opportunity - but the company is declining rapidly and there have been no bonuses for quit awhile.

Stop changing the rules every two weeks. Put focus back on helping Representatives make money with sales and not all about recruiting for more Reps! Too much money spent on Conferences to get the managers excited when they could give us each $500 to get us excited!

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products