There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Management nightmare for the last few years

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Avon Products full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Gratifying to meet representatives whose lives has changed because of Avon (earn a living to provide a better life for their families i.e. get out of poverty, go to college, start their own business) - philanthropic company - rich history - almost every grown woman/man can remember Avon in their childhood

Cons

Senior Management (last 5 years): - frequently not in tune to who their representatives are and what their customers may want - have poor communication with their staff - introduce strategies that change constantly and never allowed to develop or see results. Change is good, but constant change is not healthy, very scattered and damaging.

Advice to Management

Ask, listen and refer to your experienced staff who may know their business better

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Work very hard, no money.

Current Employee - Avon Representative in Mexico, MO
    Current Employee - Avon Representative in Mexico, MO

I have been working at Avon Products part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with people, and the product itself is good, in fact I use their products. Easy online ordering, easy to receive and package products for customers.

Cons

Work and work for incentives, and the company seems to work against the customer representatives. Understandable in view of the dishonesty of people, they have to protect themselves, however, so many rules and fine print makes it hard for the general worker. Online selling has taken away from the one-on-one selling. It is cheaper to order online and get free shipping than to receive products from the Avon Representative.

Advice to Management

Look out for the field workers. Local District Manager worked very hard to make things work, however, although I worked very hard to meet deadlines and recruit, it was too discouraging to always "just missed it by one", so no pay. You've lost more than one worker this way.

Gain great experience, but at your own expense

Former Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Avon Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will take on more responsibilities than the job description detailed. If you work hard, have a good attitude, and have the ability to adapt easily, you will go far at Avon.

Cons

Senior management does not support process, and they are notorious for continually making knee-jerk decisions and last minute changes that disrupt associates daily work life. You will NOT be compensated for any additional effort you place into the company, especially in marketing.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to realize that Avon cannot continue to succeed (or turn around its current business) if it continues its current management practices. Expecting your employees to work 65/70+ hours a week with no compensation can only happen for so long. If you wonder why everyone is leaving the company right now, this is the reason. I would have been willing to stay and work if I knew I was eventually going to get something out of the MANY extra hours I was working. However, I was repeatedly told "thank you" as if that was enough. Take a look at your marketing turnover, take a look at the hours they work, and then take a look at their compensation compared to other teams...if you can't figure out the turnover issue by doing that, then you deserve to be in your current position.