Avon Products
www.avon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Forget About It

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Birmingham, AL

ProsThe products are wonderful. You get a discount on them. The meetings are fun and you earn freebies if you attend them. That is all for the pros.

ConsWhere do I begin? First of all, you don't make any money at all unless you place an order that is over $50, and with a campaign deadline every other week that isn't going to happen. If you do plan on making any money you have to work like a dog in order to meet that $50+ goal.

Secondly, I tried e-mailing my sales leader several times about questions I've had, and she never would respond to my e-mails. I tried calling her too and the phone was supposedly busy. Long story short, you will be manipulated by your sales leaders a lot.

Thirdly, this is a company in which you will actually LOSE money instead of earning it. When you order products for a customer, you not only pay the prices for those products, but you wind up paying a deposit in order to receive them. It is hard to send unwanted products back because Avon charges you (of course) for returns. The chances of being scammed are extremely high - I had a so-called "customer" who placed an online order from my website saying she was doing a photo shoot and there was a list of over $200 worth of products she supposedly needed. I believed it was legit and wound up ordering all this stuff, only to find out I later that had been ripped off. Plus, they will hound you about collections over and over and over again. They will not leave you alone about it unless you pay them.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales leaders and management need to get back with their reps in a timely manner when the reps have questions for them. Train your reps better. Stop charging them for every little thing. Extend the campaign deadlines. If reps get behind on their payments, just remind them ONCE about collections and let them be until they get around to making a payment. Change the rule about only getting money back from $50+ orders. Overall, TAKE CARE OF YOUR REPRESENTATIVES!!!!

They are not transparent with their representatives on charges made to their accounts

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Avon Products full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great products and you get to work at your own… Cons: The system Is not transparent.For any campaign that you do not make an order for,you are charged!.The billing system is very crafty.They present a low… Advice to Senior Management: Stop exploiting your representatives,,have some transparency;let ppl know the actual total figure of an order ,if there are additional… More

Best company

Vendor (Former Employee)
    San Juan, PR

I worked at Avon Products part-time for more than a year

Pros: You work on your time n profits are great. Cons: You need to know or b able to get out n work… Advice to Senior Management: Give more samples n promotions so vendors can have a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Avon Products.

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avon Products reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avon Products CEO Sheri S. McCoy. All reviews posted anonymously by Avon Products employees.