There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Great company, but sad the Springdale facility had to close.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springdale, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springdale, OH

I worked at Avon Products full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Avon has a great group of people to work with! Most of us have remained close even after the building closure.

Cons

The shutting down of facilities and moving of manufacturing to China and Mexico. The scandal surrounding the old CEO. The inability to change the selling model to fit current buyer demands.

It is incredibly frustrating to see upper management 'thriving' and receiving high salaries, bonuses, benefits while facilities are closing and being outsourced.

reviews filtered by
  1. my experience working at avon products was a very good one.

Current Employee - Machine Operator/Utilies/Reconditioner in Springdale, OH
    Current Employee - Machine Operator/Utilies/Reconditioner in Springdale, OH

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

the people were great to work with and everyone was very helpful when a problem arose

Cons

i dont have any conplaints

i love working with people as a team player but have worked many years on my own also in my last two work assignments

2. Business consultant and recruiter to grow the sales in the district assigned.

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyday is different with the people you work with and helping them with their businesses. Bonuses and time to build your schedule are the best portions of the job. Having the flexibility to work the business you see best is empowering.

Cons

Constant recruiting numbers of growing the business with new people instead of developing sales from within. Having so many job responsibilities but only have recruiting new representatives really matter is a constant balancing act.

The two week selling cycle could be adjusted to a three week selling cycle like in Europe where the company seems to be more profitable. The shipping schedule with abilities to have it tracked all the way to the door via UPS instead of our own contracted companies that work part time could be more price effective and responsible.

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products