Lots of products

Current Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Guayama, PR
Current Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Guayama, PR

I have been working at Avon Products part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You manage your own sales. Allows you to reach out and talk to people face to face. Lots of different products to try out with every new campaign.

Cons

If you don't sell a lot, you don't get money. The only real way to get money is to buy from the sales rep catalogue and sell the items forward to your clients.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Changing Organization

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open and supportive of change.

Cons

Open floor plan; at times can be difficult to concentrate however you always feel connected with your team.

Advice to Management

Advertise!

must have money to make money

Current Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Tumwater, WA
    Current Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Tumwater, WA

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you will get a discount for your own products

Cons

You need to have alot of money to make money with this company. They will have you believe that with just 10 little catalogs you can grow your business and actually make a living at it. But they fail to tell you that you have to purchase your catalogs for every campaign, you will have to purchase any samples, business cards, stamps, bags, anything and everything you can possibly think of that you would need to start a business and make it sucessful. That's alot of money, just the first month alone I was out over 300 dollars, I left those books every where and was always told, they knew someone already or they didn't like the products. Then I find out thru another rep that the only way to make any money is to have people sign up under your name and you earn money from what they sell , ( doesn't they sound like a pyramid scam),, anyway. Look.... if you have money to spend, lets say 500 or more to be able to purchase stuff you need and know 300 people who will actually buy from you, than this could be a really good thing, if you like me and don't have that kind of money to spend and don't know 300 people, than I would say try to find ( sorry ) a real job. Personal Note: I do love some of AVON's products. OH, and final note: don't let them kid you about only a couple of hours a week, this will take you hours every day , going out there, signing your name to the books, delivering, HOURS....

Advice to Management

Local management just wants your money, so get out there and sell, sell, sell, ladies!