There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Ater selling Avon for 40 years, I am ready to quit!

Current Employee - Independent Sales Representative

I have been working at Avon Products part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Discounts on the products. Most of your customers are nice & you get to know a lot of people. In my case many longterm relationships have been formed.

Cons

Avon is increasingly only interested in your getting more people to sell. This is the only thing that seems to matter to them. Shipping has suddenly become very slow. Expenses are high. Shipping costs have increased so much & books & samples have increased in price. You have to pay to send back defective products.

Advice to Management

The Avon Representative is what your company started with and grew on. They deserve some respect.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

must have money to make money

Current Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Tumwater, WA
    Current Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Tumwater, WA

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you will get a discount for your own products

Cons

You need to have alot of money to make money with this company. They will have you believe that with just 10 little catalogs you can grow your business and actually make a living at it. But they fail to tell you that you have to purchase your catalogs for every campaign, you will have to purchase any samples, business cards, stamps, bags, anything and everything you can possibly think of that you would need to start a business and make it sucessful. That's alot of money, just the first month alone I was out over 300 dollars, I left those books every where and was always told, they knew someone already or they didn't like the products. Then I find out thru another rep that the only way to make any money is to have people sign up under your name and you earn money from what they sell , ( doesn't they sound like a pyramid scam),, anyway. Look.... if you have money to spend, lets say 500 or more to be able to purchase stuff you need and know 300 people who will actually buy from you, than this could be a really good thing, if you like me and don't have that kind of money to spend and don't know 300 people, than I would say try to find ( sorry ) a real job.
    Personal Note: I do love some of AVON's products. OH, and final note: don't let them kid you about only a couple of hours a week, this will take you hours every day , going out there, signing your name to the books, delivering, HOURS....

Advice to Management

Local management just wants your money, so get out there and sell, sell, sell, ladies!

bad service

Current Employee - Independent Sales Representative

I have been working at Avon Products part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

sales, cheap items for reps if you want the item and specific color... granted usually colors are for african american skin tones.

Cons

delay in delivery makes you lloose customer