There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Auditor

Former Employee - Auditor in Springdale, OH
Former Employee - Auditor in Springdale, OH

I worked at Avon Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I think the pay and benefits are better than most companies. I liked all of the people I worked with.

Cons

Most supervisors and HR play favorites when it comes to job duties and job promotions. I also was disappointed in a lot of overtime.

The management needs to be more fair.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company

I worked at Avon Products part-time

Pros

It definitely gives room to grow. You are able to prosper in your own environment. It has a vast customer base to service.

Cons

There are definite highs and lows. You aren't always guaranteed to have a successful season. Have to grow a customer base!

Global Finance Manager

Current Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Avon gives you the title and they pay decent for someone younger making it into management. However you better come in at the level that you want. Promotions are rare.

Cons

I don't know where to begin. How this place survives is beyond me. I went through over 10 marketers in one year due to the high turnover all across Avon. If you have been there two years then consider yourself a veteran. They have old systems and rely heavily on excel. You work long hours, get no appreciation, no promotions, etc. Being in management here was impossible. They want to recruit the best talent but give the people tedious, long hour repetitive work that demoralizes the best talent. This company just spits out products every two weeks and people management is not on their list of responsibility.

GO AWAY. You took a multi-billion dollar company and did not evolve it since the internet came forward. It takes two weeks from the time a product is ordered to when it is delivered. Meanwhile on Amazon you can free two day shipping on competitive brands. The business model needs to change tremendously along with more emphasis being placed on talent retention. Soon after I left the CEO was removed. You don't want to work here.

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products